COVID-19 Update: Effective March 19, in response to heightened COVID-19 infection control measures, routine HIV testing services have been postponed.
We offer confidential HIV testing at the STD Clinic. The cost is $50.
Our services are non-judgmental and confidential. No one is refused service due to inability to pay.
In Oregon, teens can consent to HIV and STD testing and treatment without a parent’s permission.
- Standard and 20-minute rapid testing*
- Hepatitis C testing, if you've ever used injection drugs
- Syphilis testing, for men who have sex with men and trans folks at risk
- Free condoms and other safe sex stuff
- STD exams»
*Rapid testing only available to men who have sex with men, injection drug users, and partners of people living with HIV.
Getting Your Test Results
- OCHIN MyChart»
- In-person during clinic hours
- By phone Monday - Friday, 1:30-4pm. Call the results desk at 503-988-5727.
Ask about PrEP
Pre-exposure prophylaxis, known as PrEP, is a once-a-day medication for people who are HIV-negative but who may be exposed to the virus through sexual activity or sharing syringes.
PrEP has very few side effects, and when taken every day can dramatically reduce the risk of getting HIV.
PrEP is covered by most insurance. The Oregon Health Plan covers it 100%.
Video: What is PrEP?
Other HIV Test Sites
When asked for, HIV testing is available at most private providers as part of regular medical care, family planning or STD exams.
Drop-in and Free
Available on a walk-in basis, unless otherwise noted.
- Pivot @ Prism Health | 971-279-7033
- Cascade AIDS Project | 503-223-5907
- Outside In - Clinic Services | 503-535-3860 *(by appointment)
- Outside In - Syringe Exchange | 503-535-3826
Testing available as part of a medical appointment. Call for eligibility and fees.
- Planned Parenthood - Northeast Portland | 888-576-7526
- Planned Parenthood - Southeast Portland | 888-576-7526
- Old Town Clinic | 503-228-4533
Local Health Departments
- Clark County Health Department
- Clackamas County Health Department
- Washington County Health Department
- Housing, food, mental health, medical care
619 NW 6th Avenue, 2nd Floor
Portland, OR 97209 (Map)
Test results: 503-988-5727
Hours by appointment:
Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday 9am-4:30pm
Closed for lunch daily, 12:45-1:45pm