We are in the process of updating our phone technology to serve individuals with hearing impairment. If you are hearing impaired, please text your message to (503) 201-1351. This number is monitored once a day. Texting to this phone is offered only on a temporary basis, while we prepare to offer more updated technology.
The Mental Health Call Center is staffed 24 hours a day, seven days a week by a highly-educated, well-trained staff. The call center offers
- Crisis Counseling by phone, with translation services for non-English speakers
- 24/7 mobile crisis outreach for in-person assessment
- Referral to low-cost or sliding-scale agencies
- Help finding mental health providers, including those who have culturally linguistically specific services
- Information about non-crisis community resources
Crisis System Feedback
We are asking for input about the crisis system of care: what you think works and where you think it needs improvement. Your opinions are important to us so please take some time to answer questions on a short survey.
Other area mental health crisis lines
Urgent Walk-In Clinic
2415 SE 43rd Ave.
Open 7 am to 10:30 pm, seven days a week
Heeseung Kang, Mental Health Call Center Supervisor
June 2012 Report on Suicide Prevention Activities sponsored by Multnomah County