The School-Based Mental Health Program provides mental health services to children and teens in schools throughout Multnomah County.
By locating therapists directly in schools, we help families overcome barriers that make it hard to get help for mental health needs.
Some locations have clinicians of color who offer culturally specific services.
Who Can Get Services
Any student at a school in Multnomah County who is either on the Oregon Health Plan or has no insurance.
What Is Mental Health?
Mental health is the way your thoughts, feelings, and behaviors influence your life choices. Good mental health helps you:
- Improve close relationships with family and friends
- Make positive decisions
- Work through life challenges in school and at home
Signs You Might Need Help
- Problems in school
- Fights with family and friends
- Feeling worthless or hopeless
- Changes in mood or crying a lot
- Anxiety, fear or panic
- Irritability or anger
- Racing thoughts
- Thoughts about harming yourself or others
- Sleeping too much or too little
- Change in eating habits
- Use of alcohol or drugs
How to Get Help
If you’re experiencing a change in mood or your regular routine, we can help. Talk to your school counselor or go to your student health center. They’ll connect you with a therapist in our program who you can talk to privately.
You choose the topics you want to talk about. We’ll help you find out what’s getting in the way of your goals and help you overcome those issues.
If you’re 14 and over, you can seek services on your own.
Need immediate help? Contact our Mental Health Call Center, 503-988-4888.
If someone is in danger, dial 911.
We operate at schools in 6 districts. See if your school is on the list. Or, you can go to any student health center location for physical or mental health, even if you don’t attend school there.
* Indicates locations with culturally specific services.
- Benson OHSU Wellness Center - Spanish*
- Cleveland Student Health Center
- Franklin Student Health Center
- Jefferson Student Health Center - African American*
- Madison Student Health Center - Spanish*
- Roosevelt Student Health Center - Spanish*
- George Middle School - Spanish*
- Cesar Chavez K-8 - Spanish*
- Harrison Park K-8
- Lane Middle School
- James John Elementary
- Martin Luther King Jr. Elementary
- Centennial Student Health Center - Spanish*
- Centennial Middle School
- Butler Creek Elementary
- Meadows Elementary
- Oliver Elementary
- Parklane Elementary
- Patrick Lynch Elementary
- Parkrose Student Health Center - African American*
- Parkrose Middle School - Asian, immigrant and refugee*
- Sacramento Elementary
- David Douglas Student Health Center
- Fir Ridge Campus - African American*
- Floyd Light Middle School - African American*
- Lincoln Park Elementary - Spanish*
- Ventura Park Elementary - Spanish*
- Clear Creek Middle School
- Dexter McCarty Middle School
- Gordon Russell Middle School
- Highland Elementary
- North Gresham Elementary
Reynolds School District
- Reynolds High School - Spanish*
- Reynolds Middle School
- Walt Morey Middle School - Spanish*
Make a Referral
If you are a school counselor, fill out this
For Portland Public Schools
Stephen Dunlevy, LCSW, Program Supervisor
For David Douglas, Reynolds, Gresham-Barlow, Centennial, Parkrose
Andrea McKee, MA, LPC, Program Supervisor