Do you care about community involvement in County decision-making? Do you want to help reduce barriers to civic participation? Do you enjoy working with a diverse group to identify common goals that benefit the community? If so, apply to join the County's Community Involvement Committee (CIC). The CIC serves as Multnomah County’s advisory body on community engagement and involvement. We are currently recruiting for three new members.
Membership Requirements & Expectations
- Multnomah County employees are not eligible to serve on the CIC.
- You do not need to reside in Multnomah County, but we prioritize applicants who live or work in the county or have a demonstrated connection to Multnomah County.
- Members are expected to attend committee meetings, functions and events. The committee meets every other month on the third Tuesday from 6-8pm, and subcommittees meet once to twice a month.
- Members are county public officials, and are required to disclose any conflicts of interest and acknowledge the County's personnel policies.
- Members are required to attend a meeting of the committee before their appointment. Applicants are invited to attend the March 17th CIC meeting from 6-8pm at Gresham City Hall. If you are not able to attend, staff will share a schedule of subcommittee meetings.
Start Your Application
The deadline to submit applications has passed.
Application Process & Timeline
- Once you submit your application, it will be reviewed by the Office of Community Involvement and the Membership Subcommittee of the CIC.
- The Membership subcommittee will select applicants to participate in an in-person interview with committee members and staff. Interviews will take place in late March and early April.
- The Community Involvement Committee will develop a list of applicants to recommend to the Board of County Commissioners for appointment.
- The Board of County Commissioners receives all of the applications submitted, considers the committee's recommendation, and appoints new members in June. Members are appointed for a three year term, and can serve up to two terms consecutively.
- New members will receive an orientation in June and attend their first committee meeting in July.
If you have any questions about the application process or would like assistance completing your application, contact the Office of Community Involvement at firstname.lastname@example.org or 503.988.3450.