The Recorder’s Office records the following:
- Documents affecting real property ownership
- Death Certificates
- Miscellaneous Records in compliance with Oregon recording statutes
This office is prohibited from:
- Giving legal advice
- Helping fill out documents.
- Suggesting what type of documents to use
- Accepting illegible documents
- Recording documents other than those specified by Oregon and federal law.
If you need help with any of these subjects, you should contact an attorney or title company.
The recording process
Documents are recorded in the county where the property is located. When the Recorder’s Office receives a document for recording, we review it for compliance with Oregon recording statutes.
If a document cannot be recorded as presented, we will return it with an explanation.
We are unable to accept documents for recording in person during the Multnomah Building closure. Please record by mail or eRecord.
Recording a document by mail
- Before you mail your document(s), review fees and requirements for recording.
- A may be needed to comply with first page requirements.
- Include the required fee. We accept personal checks or certified funds, payable to Multnomah County Recorder.
Mail documents and payment to:
Multnomah County Recorder
PO Box 5007
Portland, OR 97208
Once recorded, the original document will be returned to the sender within 10 days of recording.
With eRecording, original documents are submitted electronically to the Recording office.
Note: Cutoff time for submission for eRecording is 4:15 p.m.
Contact your title company or any of these vendors to get started.
Corporation Service Company
Erecording Partners Network
Use our live chat service.