SUN Community Schools offer opportunities that support healthy child and youth development and family stability.
At SUN Community Schools, the collective efforts of youth, parents, businesses, faith communities, libraries, and community organizations create a network of supports that ensure youth academic success and that communities thrive.
SUN Community Schools have:
- After school programs
- Quality instruction, enrichment, and extra-curricular activities
- Links to food, shelter, and help with energy bills.
- Many sites have on-site food pantries or Harvest Share
- Connection to health and mental health services
- Some sites have on-site school-based health clinics
- Adult education and recreation such as English classes, computer skills, and Zumba
- Parent and family activities and events
Community schools are open longer during the school year and in summer.
Who can participate?
SUN Community Schools offer programs that are open to all ages, with a focus on students in the immediate school community.
Find local SUN Community Schools and services like food and energy assistance or click the map below.
Key documents to download
SUN CS Staff Contact