Multnomah County, headquartered in Portland, OR, is a national leader in promoting sustainability. Since 2001, Multnomah County’s Office of Sustainability has led the county’s efforts to adopt sustainable internal government operations and works to support sustainability efforts in the community.
The Office of Sustainability works with County Departments and the community to promote programs and policies that lead to a more equitable, prosperous, and environmentally sound Multnomah County.
We envision a Multnomah County that is:
We believe that:
- The best solution to environmental problems is to eradicate the root causes of injustice in our community
- Our entire community thrives when we meet the needs of our most vulnerable
- Community-driven solution solutions are more effective and long lasting
Key efforts include:
- Co-developing, and leading the implementation of, the Multnomah County & City of Portland 2015 Climate Action Plan
- Making fresh, organically grown produce available to hungry families through the County CROPS farm
- Implementing CPACE, a program designed to make it easier for commercial building owners to invest in renewable energy and energy efficiency
Senior Policy Analyst
Sara Harding Mihm
Climate & Energy Coordinator