The Office of Multnomah County Attorney is the County's legal resource center. The lawyers and staff provide legal services to the Chair's Office, the Board of County Commissioners, the Sheriff, the County Auditor and County departments and employees on matters ranging from land use to public meetings and records law, real property taxation to inmates' rights. It represents the County in state and federal courts.
To provide high quality and cost effective legal services for all county elected officials, officers and departments.
- To draft legal documents and provide legal opinions in response to client requests in a timely manner.
- To determine the county’s legal liability when claims are filed and to efficiently and effectively resolve the claims through settlement or litigation.
- To assist the county in preventing liability, as well as vigorous defense of claims.
- To continuously upgrade practice skills of staff and meet professional standards for continuing legal education.
- To establish an office environment that maximizes the ability of staff to respond professionally and efficiently to all legal needs.
Our office is located at 501 SE Hawthorne Boulevard, Suite 500, Portland, Oregon 97214 and we can be reached by phone at 503-988-3138 and our fax number is 503-988-3377.