Prepare for your parenting education class -
PLEASE NOTE: Due to COVID 19 Virus, Multnomah County is CANCELLING in-person parent education classes. We will continue to offer an online option.
If you are scheduled to take an in-person parent education class, please do NOT come to the class. Please call 503-988-3037 to learn about your other choices.
- Parent education class: Get the details
- Register for an upcoming class and find out what to expect when you get there.
Get information about mediation
- Mediation is free and available to both voluntary and court-ordered parents regarding child custody and parenting time issues in Multnomah County. Get more information about mediation here.
Find out what to expect in court
- Please seek legal counsel before you appear in court. If you cannot afford to hire an attorney, please contact Legal Aid to see if you qualify for services.
- Watch Prepare for your hearing, a video created by the Family Court Enhancement Project.
- Browse more videos applicable to parents addressing custody and visitation decision-making in Multnomah County.
Access low-cost Oregon legal resources
- Legal Resources for Self-Represented Persons in Family Law Matters (218.4 KB)
- Court-connected mediators
- Oregon State Bar: Programs to help you find the right lawyer