COVID-19 Update: We are currently limiting all non-urgent, in-person visits. We continue to offer video or phone appointments for services we can provide by telemedicine, including appointments to start PrEP.
In-person visits are reserved for patients who:
- Have already tested positive for an STI and require treatment
- Are experiencing STI symptoms
- Have been notified that a sexual partner tested positive for an STI
- Need to visit the lab only to drop off specimens for testing
All clients will be screened for COVID-19 risk, and may be asked to take additional precautions, such as wearing a mask, or referred elsewhere as appropriate.
If you have an urgent STI need, call us at 503-988-3700 to schedule appointment. Please, no walk-ins.
We provide evaluation and treatment of sexually transmitted diseases (this can include a confidential HIV test). Our services are nonjudgmental and confidential, and no one is turned away for inability to pay.
If you are hearing impaired or speak another language, we can arrange an interpreter.
Who should be tested for STDs
STD testing is recommended for anyone engaging in vaginal, oral, and/or anal sex without a condom, particularly when having sex with multiple partners. Some STDs such as HIV and Hepatitis B can also be spread by sharing injection drug gear.
In Oregon, teens can consent to HIV and STD testing and treatment without a parent’s permission.
Conditions we check for:
- HIV - Offered confidentially as part of STD exam. Low-cost testing available at HIV community test sites»
- HPV (genital warts) - Visual check only, no treatment.
- Herpes - Visual check
What to Expect at Your Visit
The way we check for STDs depends on what tests you want or need. We might need to check your urine, blood, or body (genitals, skin or mouth).
Gonorrhea and Chlamydia may not show up on a test for 4-7 days after a possible exposure. HIV and syphilis may not show up for 3 months, but can show up as early as 2 weeks.
Getting Your Test Results
- Online at OCHIN MyChart»
- In-person during clinic hours
- By phone Monday - Friday, 1:30-4pm. Call the results desk at 503-988-5727.
- Hepatitis A and B vaccinations for individuals receiving a full STD screening
- PrEP (medication to prevent HIV)
- HPV vaccinations, if you're 26 years old or younger and have insurance
- Free condoms and other safe sex materials
- Partner notification services
- If you have chlamydia, gonorrhea, syphilis or HIV, we can offer treatment to you and testing and treatment to your partners, even if you were diagnosed with one of these diseases somewhere else.
- If you have HIV, we offer testing to your partners and can help connect you with services.
Ask About PrEP
If you’re at risk for HIV and want to take medication to prevent it. It’s called PrEP and we can make it easy for you to get. Find out about PrEP»
What we don’t offer
- Birth control (other than condoms) except in a limited capacity,
- Pap test
- Treatment for genital warts
- General medicine/non-STD problem help
- Blood test for herpes
- Post-exposure prophylaxis (PEP)
We accept most insurance, including Care Oregon, OHP, private insurance and Medicare. If you are not billing insurance, the cost of your visit is $50. No one will be turned away if they cannot pay.
We accept cash, checks, VISA and Mastercard.
Where else you can get tested
When asked, STD testing is available at most private providers as part of regular medical care and family planning. For sites below, call for eligibility and fees:
- Clackamas County Health Department
- Clark County Health Department
- Outside In
- Planned Parenthood
- Washington County Health Department
- OraQuick In-Home HIV Test Kit
619 NW 6th Avenue, 2nd Floor
Portland, OR 97209 Map
Test results: 503-988-5727
Hours by appointment:
Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday 9am-4:30pm
Closed for lunch 12:30-1:30pm