COVID-19 Update: Starting April 6, the Harm Reduction Clinic is suspending all in-person medical appointments and screening for STD, HIV, hepatitis C and syphilis. Established patients will be offered telemedicine appointments, when appropriate.
- If you need medical services or have questions, call us at 503-988-0577.
- All other patients will be directed to seek medical care at primary care clinics, urgent care or emergency rooms.
- Staff will be available to screen patients (walk-ins and those who have called ahead) to determine appropriate medical services and referrals.
- If you have a skin wound or STD symptoms, please call ahead, if you can.
Syringe exchange services at the clinic and mobile sites will continue as scheduled.
Multnomah County’s syringe exchange program provides:
- Safe disposal of used syringes
- Access to sterile syringes, new safer injection supplies, and new sharps containers
- Overdose rescue kits including naloxone, a drug used to reverse opioid overdose
- Risk reduction counseling
- Safer sex supplies
- Wound and abscess care
- Referrals to medical and mental health care, shelter services, and alcohol and drug treatment.
Syringe disposal at exchange sites is intended for syringe exchange clients. To protect their privacy, the public should not bring used syringes to exchange sites. Instead, please use these disposal options»
Multnomah County Services
Multnomah County Harm Reduction Clinic
12425 NE Glisan Street (in Menlo Park Plaza, behind Walgreens)
- Monday and Thursday, 11am - 7pm
- Services: wound care, syringe exchange, sexual health services, urgent care, Oregon Health Plan enrollment
Mobile Exchange (look for the white van)
- Tuesday and Friday, 7-9 pm, SE 82nd Ave and Ash St, one block off Burnside
- Wednesday, 3-5 pm, SE 190th Ave, between Division & Yamhill Sts
Services: syringe exchange
1219 SW Main St, Portland
Monday-Friday, 12-5 pm
Outside In at Clackamas Service Center
8800 SE 80th Ave, Portland
Tuesday and Thursday, 1-4 pm
Clackamas Volunteers in Medicine
700 Molalla Ave, Oregon City
If someone has overdosed, dial 9-1-1, immediately start rescue breathing, then give naloxone if you have it.
- Syringe exchange schedule | 503-280-1611
- Intercambio de Agujas y Jeringas (schedule in Spanish) | 503-988-6333
- STD Clinic | 503-988-3700
- Alcohol & Drug Helpline | 1-800-923-HELP
Needle Exchange Advisory Board
Use your experience to help improve our needle exchange programs. Meets every month on the third Thursday at 7:15pm at the Harm Reduction Clinic, 12425 NE Glisan St. Snacks and Trimet tickets provided.