COVID-19 Harm Reduction Clinic Update: Starting March 19, in response to heightened COVID-19 infection control measures, the Harm Reduction Clinic will delay all non-urgent clinic visits.
We are also limiting the number of syringe exchange clinics allowed in the building during service hours.
- Urgent visits are reserved for patients with urgent STI symptoms or wound care needs.
- Medical services will continue on a walk-in only basis.
- All clients will be screened for COVID-19 risk.
- You may also be asked to take additional precautions, such as wearing a mask, or referred elsewhere as appropriate.
Multnomah County’s syringe exchange program provides:
- Safe disposal of used syringes in exchange for new syringes, on a one-for-one basis
- Overdose rescue kits including naloxone, a drug used to reverse opioid overdose
- Sharps containers for safe storage of used syringes
- Risk reduction counseling
- Safer sex supplies
- Wound and abscess care
- Referrals to medical and mental health care, shelter services, and alcohol and drug treatment.
Syringe disposal at exchange sites is intended for syringe exchange clients. To protect their privacy, the public should not bring used syringes to exchange sites. Instead, please use these disposal options»
Multnomah County Services
Multnomah County Harm Reduction Clinic
12425 NE Glisan Street (in Menlo Park Plaza, behind Walgreens)
- Monday and Thursday, 11am - 7pm
- Services: wound care, syringe exchange, sexual health services, urgent care, Oregon Health Plan enrollment
Mobile Exchange (look for the white van)
- Tuesday and Friday, 7-9 pm, SE 82nd Ave and Ash St, one block off Burnside
- Wednesday, 3-5 pm, SE 190th Ave, between Division & Yamhill Sts
Services: syringe exchange
1219 SW Main St, Portland
Monday-Friday, 12-5 pm
Outside In at Clackamas Service Center
8800 SE 80th Ave, Portland
Tuesday and Thursday, 1-4 pm
Clackamas Volunteers in Medicine
700 Molalla Ave, Oregon City
If someone has overdosed, dial 9-1-1, immediately start rescue breathing, then give naloxone if you have it.
- Syringe exchange schedule | 503-280-1611
- Intercambio de Agujas y Jeringas (schedule in Spanish) | 503-988-6333
- STD Clinic | 503-988-3700
- Alcohol & Drug Helpline | 1-800-923-HELP
Needle Exchange Advisory Board
Use your experience to help improve our needle exchange programs. Meets every month on the third Thursday at 7:15pm at the Harm Reduction Clinic, 12425 NE Glisan St. Snacks and Trimet tickets provided.