At the Multnomah Youth Commission, we believe that youth need choices. That's why we have options for youth when they join the MYC. Check out our three committees and see some of the work they've been doing!
Here are some of the work we have done/ currently doing:
- Implemented the nations first "Our Bill of Rights, Children + Youth" - check it out here!
- City and County inventory of youth involvement and engagement efforts with formal reports to City Council and County Board
- YouthVOTE!: Implement the Bill of Rights by engaging youth in local elections through our biannual Youth Candidate Forum
- YouthPASS: Committee, working with the City of Portland, Portland Public Schools, Multnomah County, and Trimet to get free public transportation for all youth
- Education: Working on improving academic and life success
- Budget Advocacy: Make sure both the City and County fund the programs and support necessary to make Multnomah County/Portland a nation’s leader in innovative youth engagement strategies and citizen involvement.