Multnomah County has issued the following statement in response to the Trump administration’s announcement that it will effectively prohibit transgender people from serving in the U.S. Military:

"Multnomah County stands with all veterans and service members, regardless of gender identity and expression. We celebrate the diverse contributions of generations of veterans who have honorably served their country even when faced with discrimination. We are proud to serve and support transgender service members and veterans in our community with respect and dignity."

The Multnomah County Veterans’ Services Program is available to provide assistance and advocacy to all who have served and proudly supports transgender veterans and service members. Please call 503-988-8387 to schedule an appointment with one of our Veterans Services Officers to talk about benefits to which you may be entitled.

What we do

The goal of the Veterans Services Office is to provide benefits information, assistance and advocacy to all who have served and their families. Many Veterans are unsure of their entitlement to benefits so we ask that anyone who identifies as having served to contact our office to be directed to an appropriate resource. The Veterans Services Office provides services and help with the following benefits:  


  • Comprehensive VA benefits counseling
  • Assistance with VA health care enrollment
  • Claims preparation and submission
  • Claims follow-up to ensure final decisions
  • Initiate and develop appeals on unfavorable VA decisions when appropriate to include representation at VA  Hearings
  • Networking and advocacy with federal, state and local agencies
  • Justice involved outreach

Printable brochure (7.78 MB)

Contact us

Contact us to Schedule In- Person Appointments with a Veterans Service Officer:

Find locations, hours and walk-in hours.

Referral form

Provider/ client Referral: Complete the (online) Multnomah County Veterans Services Referral Form to refer anyone who served on active duty in the U. S. Military Armed Forces (Veteran), National Guard/ Reserves, or a surviving spouse of a veteran.

Multnomah County - Serving Those Who Served

Was this page helpful? Take a 1 question survey.