What we do
The goal of the Veterans Services Office is to provide benefits information, assistance and advocacy to all who have served and their families. Many Veterans are unsure of their entitlement to benefits so we ask that anyone who identifies as having served to contact our office to be directed to an appropriate resource. The Veterans Services Office provides services and help with the following benefits:
- Comprehensive VA benefits counseling
- Assistance with VA health care enrollment
- Claims preparation and submission
- Claims follow-up to ensure final decisions
- Initiate and develop appeals on unfavorable VA decisions when appropriate to include representation at VA Hearings
- Networking and advocacy with federal, state and local agencies
- Justice involved outreach
- By Phone: 503-988-VETS(8387)
- Email: email@example.com
Provider/ client Referral: Complete the (online) Multnomah County Veterans Services Referral Form to refer anyone who served on active duty in the U. S. Military Armed Forces (Veteran), National Guard/ Reserves, or a surviving spouse of a veteran.
The Multnomah County Veterans Services team has put together a quarterly newsletter for Veterans, their families, and professionals supporting Veterans. Subscribe to get an email when the next issue comes out by selecting the "Veterans" box on this email sign up form.