WIC nutrition classes cover pregnancy, breastfeeding, and feeding your growing child and family. Classes are offered at each clinic and online. Many are also available in Spanish.
Ask your clinic for a schedule of upcoming classes, or call us at 503-988-3503.
Online WIC Classes
You'll need your 8-digit WIC family ID number and agency name (Multnomah County) to get started.
- Prenatal Nutrition: Covers nutrition issues often encountered during pregnancy, healthy eating plans and breastfeeding benefits. May be offered as a one-on-one appointment or as a group class.
- Breastfeeding Success: Preparation strategies and complete breastfeeding how to. Appropriate for first pregnancy, first-time breastfeeding, women with a history of breastfeeding difficulties or any woman who’s interested.
- Introduction to Solids: Covers the appropriate age for starting solids, appropriate first foods, introduction to the cup and avoiding food allergies. For infants 3-5 months.
- Finger Foods: A continuation of Introduction of Solids. Focuses on the transition to chunkier texture foods, table/family foods and preparing to wean your child from the bottle. For infants 8-10 months.
Children (ages 1-5)
- Toddler Feeding: Covers eating behaviors, age-appropriate foods and sound nutrition. For 1- to 3-year olds.
- Kids Club: Hands-on class teaches kids and parents about healthy nutrition habits. Topics change with the season. Activities may include storytime, games, planting a seed, preparing a healthy snack, art projects and more. For 3- to 5-year-olds.
- Dental Health: Covers proper care and maintenance of teeth. For children and adults.
- Easy Cooking: For the whole family. With a focus on family mealtime, parents are given the opportunity to observe the preparation of simple, low-cost balanced meals. Foods are eaten in class and recipes are available to take home. Presented by OSU Extension Services. (English only).
- Active Kids: Part discussion, part active play, this class helps parents learn to keep their family active. We’ll include indoor activities and discuss community resources.