January 21, 2020
Dear Multnomah County community members,
I am pleased to provide you with my office’s audit schedule for calendar year 2020. If you would like to share information with us related to our upcoming audits, please contact me.
My office will post this schedule on the County Auditor website, my government official Facebook page, and Twitter. I invite you to reach out to me at any time with questions or concerns about this schedule or any other County-related matters.
Jennifer McGuirk, MPA, CIA
Multnomah County Auditor
Calendar Year 2020 Audit Schedule
- County jail conditions
- Accessing housing and homeless services
- County financial condition 2020
- Follow-up on 2016 audit Animal Services Finances: Follow Sound Financial Policies
- 2019 report on the Good Government Hotline
To Be Started
- Adult care homes and facilities
- 2020 county ethical culture survey
Other Items of Note
- Peer review of Auditor’s Office: This is scheduled for April. Every three years, the Auditor’s Office is assessed by a two- or three-person team of government auditors from other jurisdictions. The Association of Local Government Auditors selects the review team, and the Auditor’s Office is required to cover the team’s travel fees.
- 2020 Salary Commission: County Charter requires the Auditor to appoint a volunteer, five-person Salary Commission each even year. The Commission begins meeting this month and is tasked with determining the salaries of the County Chair, County Commissioners, and County Sheriff, as well as the county portion of the District Attorney’s salary. (The Commission does not determine the Auditor’s salary. Charter states that the County Auditor’s salary will be 4/5 of a circuit court judge’s salary.)