The Burnside Bridge will undergo a number of repairs from April 2017 through November 2019 to make sure the bridge is safe and keep it working for another 15 to 20 years.
This project will repair and reinforce steel beams supporting the Hawthorne Street bridge offramp above SE Martin Luther King, Jr. Blvd. The beams have been struck and damaged by trucks carrying high loads.
We are taking the lead in making the Burnside Bridge earthquake-ready. When we’re done, we’ll have a bridge that can withstand a major earthquake and remain open to all forms of travel.
The steel on the two fixed and two moveable river spans of the Morrison Bridge will be repainted. The existing paint is peeling and must be replaced to avoid corrosion of the structural steel members.
- Broadway Bridge Rall Wheel Project (2017-2018)
- Broadway Bridge Painting Project (2015-2016)
- Hawthorne Bridge Westside Ramp Project (2019)
- Hawthorne Bridge Concrete Crossbeam Repairs
- Morrison Bridge lift span deck replacement
- Sellwood Bridge Replacement Project
- Willamette River Bridge Capital Improvement Plan (2015)