The Burnside Bridge underwent a number of repairs from April 2017 through early 2020 to make sure the bridge is safe and keep it working for another 15 to 20 years. All traffic lanes are back open, only minor clean-up work continues.
We are taking the lead in making the Burnside Bridge earthquake-ready. The project is in the planning, or environmental review, phase. The project will ensure we have a bridge that can withstand a major earthquake and remain open to all forms of travel.
The steel on the two fixed and two moveable river spans of the Morrison Bridge will be repainted starting in January 2021, with project completion in November 2022. The existing paint is peeling and must be replaced to avoid corrosion of the structural steel members.
- Broadway Bridge Rall Wheel Project (2017-2018)
- Broadway Bridge Painting Project (2015-2016)
- Hawthorne Bridge Beam Strengthening (2019-2020)
- Hawthorne Bridge Westside Ramp Project (2019)
- Hawthorne Bridge Concrete Crossbeam Repairs
- Morrison Bridge lift span deck replacement
- Sellwood Bridge Replacement Project
- Willamette River Bridge Capital Improvement Plan (2015)