Multnomah County will oversee repairs to three downtown bridges in 2017: the Broadway, Burnside and Morrison bridges. An open house was held on March 23, 2017 to share details about the three projects, including traffic plans.
Morrison Bridge Lift Span Deck Replacement
The County is overseeing installation of a new lift span deck. The new deck will be a steel grid deck partially filled with a lightweight concrete. It will have a solid surface that will provide good traction for vehicles. Construction is scheduled from March - October 2017.
Burnside Bridge Projects
The Burnside Bridge will undergo a number of repairs from April 2017 through November 2019. A project has also begun to select a plan that will make it survive a major earthquake.
Broadway Bridge Rall Wheel Replacement
After more than a century of use, the eight-foot diameter steel wheels that help open and close the Broadway Bridge are ready to be replaced. Construction is from July - December 2017.
Sellwood Bridge Project
The Sellwood Bridge project has its own website. The project to replace the 1920's era Sellwood Bridge is wrapping up construction. The new bridge opened on February 27, 2016.
Willamette River Bridges Capital Improvement Plan
The County has adopted a new draft 20-year Willamette River Bridges Capital Improvement Plan (CIP) that identifies and prioritizes capital projects required to sustain these important river crossings.
- Broadway Bridge Painting Project (2015-2016)
- Broadway anchor and operating strut rehabilitation
- Broadway Bridge Deck and Painting Project
- Broadway Bridge mechanical replacement
- Broadway Bridge lighting and ramp sidewalks
- Burnside Bridge deck rehabilitation and Phase I seismic retrofit
- Burnside Bridge main span rehabilitation
- Hawthorne Bridge Concrete Crossbeam Repairs
- Hawthorne Bridge painting and deck replacement
- Hawthorne and Morrison Bridges ramp bent strengthening
- Morrison Bridge bike/ped improvement project
- Morrison east ramps deck overlay
- Morrison and Burnside Bridges electrical upgrades
- ODOT and federal government allocate funding to design for a new Sauvie Island Bridge
- Public comments on siting study for new Sauvie Island Bridge
- Sauvie Island Bridge construction update: September 2007
- Sauvie Island Bridge crossing alternatives
- Sauvie Island Bridge project purpose and need