The Burnside Bridge will undergo a number of repairs from April 2017 through January 2020 to make sure the bridge is safe and keep it working for another 15 to 20 years. All traffic lanes are back open, only minor work continues.
This project will repair and reinforce steel beams supporting the Hawthorne Street bridge offramp above SE Martin Luther King, Jr. Blvd. The beams have been struck and damaged by trucks carrying high loads.
We are taking the lead in making the Burnside Bridge earthquake-ready. The project is in the planning, or environmental review, phase. The project will ensure we have a bridge that can withstand a major earthquake and remain open to all forms of travel.
The steel on the two fixed and two moveable river spans of the Morrison Bridge will be repainted starting in 2021. The existing paint is peeling and must be replaced to avoid corrosion of the structural steel members.
- Broadway Bridge Rall Wheel Project (2017-2018)
- Broadway Bridge Painting Project (2015-2016)
- Hawthorne Bridge Westside Ramp Project (2019)
- Hawthorne Bridge Concrete Crossbeam Repairs
- Morrison Bridge lift span deck replacement
- Sellwood Bridge Replacement Project
- Willamette River Bridge Capital Improvement Plan (2015)