We are taking the lead in making the Burnside Bridge earthquake-ready. The project is in the planning, or environmental review, phase. The project will ensure we have a bridge that can withstand a major earthquake and remain open to all forms of travel. Construction is expected to begin in 2024.
The steel on the two fixed and two moveable river spans of the Morrison Bridge will be repainted starting in January 2021, with project completion in November 2022. The existing paint is peeling and must be replaced to avoid corrosion of the structural steel members.
Other Agency Projects
- The Union Pacific Railroad's Steel Bridge is closed from August 2-29, 2020 for TriMet MAX improvements. The construction traffic plan includes converting the inside westbound lane on the Broadway Bridge to transit and freight only. The outside westbound lane is open to other motor vehicles, as well as the two eastbound lanes.
- SW Naito Parkway Improvements (City of Portland project includes new traffic signal from SW Naito Parkway to Hawthorne Bridge. Construction Fall 2020 - August 2021)
- Burnside Bridge Maintenance Project (2018-2020)
- Broadway Bridge Rall Wheel Project (2017-2018)
- Broadway Bridge Painting Project (2015-2016)
- Hawthorne Bridge Beam Strengthening (2019-2020)
- Hawthorne Bridge Westside Ramp Project (2019)
- Hawthorne Bridge Concrete Crossbeam Repairs
- Morrison Bridge lift span deck replacement
- Sellwood Bridge Replacement Project
- Willamette River Bridge Capital Improvement Plan (2015)