Occupation: Tax Consultant
Occupational Background: Tax Consultant; Elected State Representative 2 terms; Union Boilermaker field construction: Small business owner 32 years; Military 22 years.
Educational Background: Graduate Studies at Portland State University; B.S., Business Administration, Linfield College; Benson High School.
Prior Governmental Experience: Former Mt. Hood Community College Board Member, Five years elected Multnomah Labor Council representing unions; Active citizen as a Tax Reform advocate; State Representative (Chairman of Sunset Review Committee, Member of Revenue and School Finance Committee, Member of Education Committee).
The most important part in problem solving is listening to all sides.
Ron will sit down with you and listen to your concerns. Feel free to give Ron a call at 253-3284. Ron values your opinion.
Ron listens and acts. Let's get the job done_and done right!
Experienced at representing constituents, not political machines or the hidden agenda of greedy corporations.
Ron Supports Small Business. As a small business owner, Ron understands the struggles of starting businesses. Ron strongly supports programs designed to help make these businesses succeed.
As a professional tax consultant and one who has evaluated state agency and school budgets, while on the State Revenue and School Finance Committees in the Oregon State Legislature; Ron is the most qualified candidate to deal with fiscal problems and budget issues facing local governments.
Committed to Quality Education, Ron McCarty strongly feels that education is an essential part of our society and feels that improvements can be made in our current educational system. While Ron served on the M.H.C.C. School Board, he fought hard to serve the interests of the students. Ron's daughter completed her primary and secondary education in Oregon's Public School System, and is continuing her education at Portland State. Ron understands the concerns of all students. We must support our kids. It's their century.
Call Ron at 253-3284 and meet with him for coffee or tea and talk about your concerns.
VOTE FOR RON McCARTY FOR COUNTY COMMISSION
THANK YOU FOR READING YOUR VOTER'S PAMPHLET
(This information furnished by The Friends of Ron McCarty Committee, Dr. E. MacCannell, Professor Emeritus, P.S.U., Treasurer)
Occupation: County Commissioner
Occupational Background: Attorney
Educational Background: J.D., University of Oregon Law School; B.A., Rice University; Corvallis High School.
Prior Governmental Experience: Deputy District Attorney; State Representative; Metro Councilor.
Lisa Naito is endorsed by Sheriff Dan Noelle, District Attorney Mike Schrunk and County Chair Beverly Stein.
"Lisa Naito is an effective County Commissioner who gets results. She has earned your continued support."
LISA NAITO FIGHTS FOR SAFER NEIGHBORHOODS.
• Proposed tough new laws on forfeiture of cars by repeat drunk drivers.
• Led successful effort to locate Alcohol and Drug Treatment Center at new jail rather than in the community.
• Supported expansion of Community Courts.
• Championed efforts to better inform neighborhoods and mitigate impacts of facility sitings.
LISA NAITO FIGHTS FOR SENIORS.
• Supported programs allowing seniors to live independently and stay out of nursing facilities.
• Opposed the "pet food tax" as unfair to fixed-income pet owners.
• Supported county services in the community where they are more convenient.
LISA NAITO FIGHTS FOR CHILDREN AND SCHOOLS.
• Testified and lobbied in Salem for increased school funding.
• Led effort to improve Early Childhood Services.
• Championed funding for new shelters and educational services for homeless youth living on downtown streets.
• Sponsored siting a Child Receiving Center to be a safe haven for abused and neglected children.
LISA NAITO FIGHTS FOR OUR LIVABILITY.
• Led effort to protect and restore Johnson Creek Watershed.
• Passed ordinance to protect children, families and workers from second-hand smoke.
As a parent and resident of Southeast Portland for almost twenty years, I share your concerns and priorities: quality schools, safe neighborhoods, open spaces, parks and efficient government services. I have worked hard on these issues. We've done a lot, but there's more to do. I would like to keep serving you and would very much appreciate your vote and support. Thank you.
(This information furnished by Citizens for Lisa Naito)