The Multnomah County Bicycle and Pedestrian Citizen Advisory Committee represents citizens of Multnomah County regarding bicycle and pedestrian issues. The Committee is made up of citizens from around the County with a strong interest in bicycle and pedestrian issues. Members are appointed by the Board of County Commissioners and serve a two-year term.
The Committee advises the Board of County Commissioners and Transportation Division on matters involving bicycle and pedestrian transportation within the County’s road jurisdiction.
The County’s road jurisdiction is comprised of the major collector and arterial road system in the cities of Troutdale, Fairview and Wood Village, as well as the unincorporated areas of Multnomah County including the West Hills, Sauvie Island, and the Gorge. The County also owns and maintains 5 of the Willamette River Bridges.
The CAC meets on the second Wednesday of each month, unless otherwise noted. Meetings are held at the Multnomah Building (501 SE Hawthorne Blvd.) from 6:30-8:30pm. Meeting dates for 2017 are as follows:
- Wednesday, January 11, 2017 - Rescheduled for Wednesday, January 18, 2017
- Wednesday, February 8, 2017
- Wednesday, March 8, 2017
- Wednesday, April 12, 2017
- Wednesday, May 10, 2017 - *This meeting will be held in Gresham. See agenda for additional information.
- Wednesday, June 14, 2017 - CANCELLED
- Wednesday, July 12, 2017
- Wednesday, August 9, 2017
- Wednesday, September 13, 2017
- Wednesday, October 11, 2017
- Tuesday, November 8, 2017
- Wednesday, December 13, 2017
Sign up for our email list to receive the BPCAC's monthly agenda in your email. Agendas are typically sent one week prior to scheduled meetings.
Photo by Flickr user dolanh. Creative Commons, CC BY-NC-SA 2.0, some rights reserved. Modified by cropping.