Who are Assertive Engagement tranings for?
The Assertive Engagement Initiative is currently focused on agencies funded through the Department of County Human Service's Youth and Family Services Division, including:
- Anti-poverty and housing initiatives like the Multnomah Stability Initiative (MSI), SUN Service System (including SUN Community Schools, SUN Youth Advocacy, and SUN Parent Child Development Services), the Domestic and Sexual Violence Coordination Office
We also prioritize training for agencies contracted with the Joint Office of Homeless Services, including
Contact us if your organization or agency is outside of this scope and we can talk about out how to work together.
How much does it cost to attend training?
AE trainings through Multnomah County are currently provided free of charge.
Occasionally, we present at conferences or as guests in training series, and our partners may charge a fee to offset their own costs.
What types of trainings are offered?
AE trainings are highly interactive and strive to build connections among participants as well as offering tools to use in the workplace.
- AE 101 is a foundational 3-day training for those who work with clients, participants, youth, and/or families. AE 101 is also useful for those who work in management, office, or administrative roles (such as front desk staff or staff supervisors.) For more information, download the Assertive Engagement 101 Sample 3 Day Agenda.
- AE for Supervisors and Managers is a 1-day training focused on using AE skills in supervision with staff. AE 101 training is a recommended prerequisite for this training.
- AE Refresher is a 1-day training for those with previous training on AE to revisit skills and connect with one another. Additional refreshers can be scheduled upon request.
How do I register?
You can register for AE trainings using links below. Registration links will be open for each training about three months in advance and as soon as a training opens for registration, we send it through our monthly newsletter and update it on this webpage.
Once a training is full, the registration link will be closed. We don't currently use waitlists, so the best way to find out about training openings is through our monthly newsletter.
2019 Schedule of Trainings
We do our best to offer as many trainings as possible. Updates to this schedule may occur throughout the year.
Upcoming AE 101 Training Sessions:
- July: Tuesday 7/16, Wednesday 7/17, and Thursday 7/18. Due to the high number of advanced registrations from our AE contracted providers, this registration is closed. We no longer keep a waitlist for these training sessions. We apologize for the inconvenience.
September: Tuesday 9/24, Wednesday 9/25, and Thursday 9/26.
The September AE 101 training training is full and the registration is now closed. We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused. We are working to increase our training capacity to meet the needs of our partners and the broader community.
Please feel free to contact Robin Davis at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like information about upcoming training sessions or information about Assertive Engagement.
November: Tuesday 11/12, Wednesday 12/13, and Thursday 11/14
Upcoming AE Supervisor and Manager Training Session:
- October, Friday 18th
For questions, comments, or to get on the waiting list for a training contact email@example.com