Do you have a desire to learn, serve and provide valuable services to the community in which we live?
DCHS’ unpaid volunteer and internship programs offer exposure to the complexities, daily operational and service needs of the various programs and diversity of clients served. Entry level positions offer opportunities to develop or strengthen each person’s abilities in areas such as:
- customer service
- problem solving and gaining an understanding of customer needs and barriers
- developing insight into the opportunities and challenges of public service systems
Volunteer and internship opportunities are offered in the following areas:
- Public Guardian/Conservator’s Program
- Adult Protective Services
- Long-term Care
- Gatekeeper Program
- Multnomah Money Management Program
- Multnomah County Veterans Volunteer Corps. (Currently the Veterans Volunteer Corps or Vista programs are not accepting applications though you may submit an application for either program and it will be reviewed when positions open up. We are currently accepting applications for work-study and internships).
- Advisory Councils for elders and people with disabilities, which help to shape the programs and services being offered.
Gary Miguel, Intern/Volunteer Coordinator
Department of County Human Services
421 SW Oak Street, Portland, Oregon 97204
PH: (503) 988-7454
Fax: (503) 988-6938