2. You will a Voter Notification Card (VNC) through the mail. The Voter Notification Card confirms your registration and includes your name, residence address, precinct number, political party, and voting district.
3. The Voters' Pamphlet is mailed to your home four weeks before Election Day. Voters' Pamphlets have both state and county information on measure, candidates and other informational resources for each election.
4. Twenty days before each election a Ballot is automatically sent to all registered voters who are eligible to vote in that election. You can vote and return your Ballot anytime after you receive it. If you do not receive your Ballot contact the Elections office.
5. Vote your Ballot. Completely fill in the oval next to your choices with a blue or black pen. If you make a mistake or change your mind while marking your Ballot you can request a replacement Ballot from the Elections office or you can make your changes on the Ballot. Make your new choice clear so that elections workers inspecting the Ballot can easily understand your choice. You do not have to vote in every race and remember to contact the Elections office if you need a new Ballot for any reason.
6. After marking your Ballot you can place it in the Optional Secrecy Sleeve and then place that in the Return Envelope. You do not have to use the Optional Secrecy Sleeve but the Return Envelope is required. Verify that your name and current residence address is correct on the Return Envelope. Read the Voter's Statement on the Return Envelope and sign it on the signature line. Your Ballot cannot be counted if the Return Envelope is not signed. Every signature is checked against the registration signature on file and must match for the Ballot to be counted.
7. Return your Ballot. Turn in your Ballot by mail using a first-class stamp on the Return Envelope or return to an official ballot drop site no later than 8:00 pm on Election Day. Postmarks do not count so if mailing ensure there is plenty of time for your Ballot to be received at the Elections Office by 8:00 pm on Election Day.