Ballot Measure Filings and Information for the November 2018 General Election
Local measure filings - deadline for jurisdictions to file noticed ballot title and explanatory statement is Sept. 6, 2018.
- - Renew five year local option levy for Riverdale Fire District
- - Bonds to fund affordable housing in Washington, Clackamas, Multnomah counties.
- - Amends Charter: Limits candidate contributions, expenditures; campaign communications identify funders.
- - Imposes surcharge on certain retailers; funds clean energy, job training.
- 3-537 City of Lake Oswego - Charter Amendment Regarding Posting Notices of Proposed Ordinances
- 3-538 City of Lake Oswego - Charter Amendment Relating to Regular Council Meetings
Public Notices for Local Measures
- Information on state measures available on the Oregon Secretary of State's website.
Signature verification for the 2018 petition cycle has been completed and the following state measure numbers have been assigned to the legislative referral from the 79th Legislative Assembly and those petitions qualified to the November 6, 2018, General Election ballot. They are:
Measure 102 Referral 401 (HJR 201) Amends Constitution: Allows local bonds for financing affordable housing with nongovernmental entities. Requires voter approval, annual audits
Measure 103 Initiative 37; determined to contain 119,744 valid signatures Amends Constitution: Prohibits taxes/fees based on transactions for "groceries" (defined) enacted or amended after September 2017
Measure 104 Initiative 31; determined to contain 124,428 valid signatures Amends Constitution: Expands (beyond taxes) application of requirement that three-fifths legislative majority approve bills raising revenue
Measure 105 Initiative 22; determined to contain 96,700 valid signatures Repeals law limiting use of state/local law enforcement resources to enforce federal immigration laws
Measure 106 Initiative 1; determined to contain 117,799 valid signatures Amends Constitution: Prohibits spending "public funds" (defined) directly/indirectly for "abortion" (defined); exceptions; reduces abortion access