November 8, 2016 General Election
Presidential General Election with federal, state and local candidates and measures.
Candidate & Measure Information
- Candidate information - overview of candidate information for Multnomah Co, PUD, cities, SWCD, state and federal.
- Measure information
Registration & Voting Information
- Military and Overseas Information
Important Dates for the November General Election
- 07/21/2016 - 1st date to file for PUD positions.
- 08/30/2016 - PUD candidate filing deadline and candidate filing deadline for Sheriff (unexpired term).
- 09/01/2016 - Voters' Pamphlet deadline for PUD candidates, Sheriff candidates and runoff Multnomah Co.commissioner 1 & 4 candidates.
- 09/08/2016 - Deadline for state, cities and Dept of Ag to certify official list of candidates with County Elections.
- 09/08/2016 - Deadline for jurisdictions to file ballot measure title and explanatory statement with County Elections.
- 09/12/2016 - Voters' pamphlet deadline for City candidates, SWCD candidates and measure arguments.
- 09/23/2016 - Military/overseas ballots mailed.
- 09/26/2016 - Ballots available at Elections office after completing an absentee ballot request form.
- 10/12-10/15/2016 - Voters' Pamphlet mailed to all residential households by Oregon Sec. of State (county portion inserted into middle of state pamphlet).
- 10/18/2016 - Voter registration deadline
- 10/19-10/25/2016 - Ballots mailed.
- 11/08/2016 - General Election Day - ballots due by 8 PM.