Current and Upcoming Elections
There are four scheduled election dates each year in Oregon: the 2nd Tuesday in March; the 3rd Tuesday in May; the 3rd Tuesday in September; and the 1st Tuesday after the first Monday in November. The Oregon Legislature can choose a different special election date. A recall election date occurs based on when the recall petition was filed.
November 6, 2018 General Election
The 2018 Oregon gubernatorial General election will take place on November 6, 2018. Nominees from the 2018 Primary Election and minor party nominees will appear on the ballot along with some judicial offices. City offices and other special districts candidate positions will also appear on the ballot. State and local ballot measures will be on the ballot as well. A final list of candidates and measures will be available on 9/7/2018.
- Candidate and Measure Filing Information
- Runoff Races from May Primary
- PUD candidate filing information
- SWCD candidate filing information
- Links to City Elections filing offices - city candidates file with City Clerk who certifies candidate list to Elections office by Sept 6, 2018.
- Voters' Pamphlet Forms
- Ballot Measure Filing Information
- State Elections Information
- Important dates for the November 2018 General Election
- July 19, 2018 - First date for PUD candidates to file for office.
- Aug 17, 2018 - Last day for County or Special District to file Ballot Title with County Elections for notice.
- Aug 28, 2018 - Last day PUD candidates to file (candidate filing deadline).
- Aug 30, 2018 - Voters' Pamphlet deadline for PUD candidates and runoff Multnomah Co and Metro candidates.
- Sept 6, 2018 - Deadline for cities and Dept of Agriculture (SWCD positions) to certify list of candidates.
- Sept 6, 2018 - Deadline for jurisdictions (County, City and Special District) to file completed and noticed measure title & explanatory statement.
- Sept 10, 2018 - Voters' Pamphlet deadline for city and SWCD candidates.
- Sept 10, 2018 - Measure argument filing deadline for County Voters' Pamphlet.
- Sept 21, 2018 - Military & Overseas ballots mailed.
- Sept 24, 2018 - Absentee ballots available after completing absentee ballot request form
- Oct 16, 2018 - Voter Registration deadline.
- Oct 17, 2018 - Ballots mailed to voters.
- Nov. 6, 2018 - General Election Day
The 2019 Election cycle has one regularly scheduled May 2019 Special election for special district board positions and local measures. Other election dates may occur with local measures or special candidate races.
- Important dates for the May 2019 Special District Election
- Feb 9, 2019 - Deadline for County Elections to publish notice of district board election
- Feb 11, 2019 - First date candidates can file for May Special District Election
- March 2, 2019 - Deadline to file notice of ballot title with County Elections for publication
- March 21, 2019 - Candidate filing deadline for Special District candidates
- March 21, 2019 - Measure filing deadline (completed and noticed).
- March 25, 2019 - Voters' Pamphlet deadline for candidates and measure arguments
- April 5, 2019 - Military/overseas ballots mailed
- April 30, 2019 - Voter Registration deadline
- May 1, 2019 - Ballots mailed to voters
- May 21, 2019 - Special District Election - ballots due by 8:00 p.m.