There are four scheduled election dates each year in Oregon: the 2nd Tuesday in March; the 3rd Tuesday in May; the 3rd Tuesday in September; and the 1st Tuesday after the first Monday in November. The only regularly scheduled election in 2017 is the May 16, 2017 Special District Election. Other elections can be held in March, September or November. Dates for 2018 are also listed below.
- May 2017 Special Election - results and historical information.
Other 2017 Election Dates
- September 19, 2017 - Special Election (potential date - no scheduled election)
- July 20, 2017 - Deadline for jurisdictions to file measure title & explanatory statement
- Sept. 19, 2017 - No election currently scheduled.
- November 7, 2017 - Special Election (potential date - no scheduled election)
- Sept 7, 2017 - Deadline for jurisdictions to file measure title & explanatory statement
- Nov. 7, 2017 - No election currently scheduled.
May 2018 Primary Election
- Sept. 7, 2017 - 1st date candidates can file for May 2018 Primary
- March 6, 2018 - Last day candidates can file for Multnomah Co & Metro positions (candidate filing deadline).
- May 15, 2018 - Primary Election Day
Positions scheduled to be on the ballot that file with Multnomah Co Elections
- Multnomah County
- Commissioner Dist. #2
- Councilor Dist. #1
- Councilor Dist. #2
- Councilor Dist. #4
City of Portland candidates file with City of Portland and state/federal candidates file with Oregon Secretary of State's office. Other positions could be placed on the ballot due to a mid-term vacancy.
November 2018 General Election
- Nov. 6, 2018 - General Election Day