Current and Upcoming Elections
There are four scheduled election dates each year in Oregon: the 2nd Tuesday in March; the 3rd Tuesday in May; the 3rd Tuesday in September; and the 1st Tuesday after the first Monday in November. The Oregon Legislature can choose a different special election date. A recall election date occurs based on when the recall petition was filed.
- Election Results - available beginning at 8:00 p.m., May 15.
- Voter Turnout - updated throughout Election Day
- Important dates for the May 2018 Primary
- April 2, 2018 - Absentee ballots available in Elections office
- April 18-20, 2018 - Voters' Pamphlet delivered to all households
- April 24, 2018 - Voter Registration Deadline and Party Choice Deadline for Closed Party Primary Elections.
- April 25, 2018 - Ballots mailed.
- April 30, 2018 - Voting Center Express (VCE) in Gresham open.
- May 4, 2018, 8:00 a.m. - Vote Tally System Public Test
- May 9, 2018, 1:00 p.m. - Vote Tally System Public Test
- May 15, 2018 - Primary Election Day - ballots due by 8:00 p.m.
- May 23, 2018 - Challenge ballot list available for public inspection. (SEL 534 Form)
- May 24, 2018 - Write in tallies begin.
- May 29, 2018 - Last day to resolve ballot challenges.
- June 4, 2018, 8:00 a.m. - Vote Tally System Final Public Test
- June 4, 2018 - Final results certification date
November 6, 2018 General Election
The 2018 Oregon gubernatorial General election will take place on November 6, 2018. Nominees from the 2018 Primary Election and minor party nominees will appear on the ballot along with some judicial offices. City offices and other special districts candidate positions will also appear on the ballot. State and local ballot measures will be on the ballot as well. A final list of candidates and measures will be available on 9/7/2018.
- Important dates for the November 2018 General Election
- July 19, 2018 - First date for PUD candidates to file for office.
- Aug 17, 2018 - Last day for County or Special District to file Ballot Title with County Elections for notice.
- Aug 28, 2018 - Last day PUD candidates to file (candidate filing deadline).
- Aug 30, 2018 - Voters' Pamphlet deadline for PUD candidates and runoff Multnomah Co and Metro candidates.
- Sept 6, 2018 - Deadline for cities and Dept of Agriculture (SWCD positions) to certify list of candidates.
- Sept 6, 2018 - Deadline for jurisdictions (County, City and Special District) to file completed and noticed measure title & explanatory statement.
- Sept 10, 2018 - Voters' Pamphlet deadline for city and SWCD candidates.
- Sept 10, 2018 - Measure argument filing deadline for County Voters' Pamphlet.
- Sept 21, 2018 - Military & Overseas ballots mailed.
- Oct 16, 2018 - Voter Registration deadline.
- Oct 17, 2018 - Ballots mailed to voters.
- Nov. 6, 2018 - General Election Day
The 2019 Election cycle has one regularly scheduled May 2019 Special election for special district board positions and local measures. Other election dates may occur with local measures or special candidate races.