Current and Upcoming Elections
There are four scheduled election dates each year in Oregon: the 2nd Tuesday in March; the 3rd Tuesday in May; the 3rd Tuesday in September; and the 1st Tuesday after the first Monday in November. The Oregon Legislature can choose a different special election date. A recall election date occurs based on when the recall petition was filed.
November 7, 2017 Special Election
November 2017 Special Election with local ballot measures on the ballot. There are no candidate races. In Multnomah County, only voters in the Portland Community College District, Alto Park Water District and Hillsboro School District will be receiving a ballot for this Special Election.
Results and Turnout
- Election Results - zero summary - results will be available beginning at 8:00 PM pacific time on Nov. 7. 2017.
- Voter Turnout (ballots returned)
Voters' Pamphlet and Sample Ballots
Official Ballot Drop Sites
- Official Drop Sites in Multnomah County for the November 2017 Special Election open 10/18/2017 until 8:00 PM, on 11/7/2017.
- Google map of Multnomah Co. Official Drop Sites for the November 2017 Special Election.
Other Election Information for the November Special Election
- Track Your Ballot - sign up to track your ballot
- Order Ahead Replacement Ballot program
- Measure Filings - Final list of ballot measures in Multnomah County for the Nov. 7, 2017 Special Election.
- - Random alpha order for candidate names (no candidate races in Multnomah County).
- Important dates for Nov. 2017 Election
- Sept 7, 2017 - Deadline for jurisdictions to file measure title & explanatory statement.
- Sept. 11, 2017 - Voters' Pamphlet measure argument filing deadline.
- Sept. 15, 2017 - Voters' Pamphlet material becomes public record.
- Sept. 15, 2017 - Measure arguments become public record and are available on website.
- Sept 22, 2017 - Military & Overseas ballots are mailed.
- Sept 25, 2017 - Absentee ballots available in office for pickup or to mail.
- Oct. 17, 2017 - Voter registration deadline.
- Oct. 18, 2017 - Ballots are mailed.
- Nov. 2, 2017 - Last day to safely mail return ballot.
- Nov. 7, 2017 - Election Date - official drop sites open until 8:00 PM.
January 23, 2018 Special Election
- Special Election - State Measure 101
- Important dates for the January 2018 Special Election
- Dec. 8, 2017 - Military/overseas ballots mailed
- Dec. 27-29, 2017 - Voters' Pamphlet mailed by Secretary of State
- Jan. 2, 2018 - Voter Registration deadline
- Jan. 3, 2018 - Ballots mailed
- Jan. 23, 2018 - Special Election Day
May 15, 2018 Primary Election
Oregon's Gubernatorial Primary Election will occur May 15, 2018. Partisan candidates from the major parties will appear on the party ballot along with non-partisan candidates. Candidates for Multnomah County, Metro and City of Portland will appear on the ballot. State and local measures may also appear on the ballot. A final list of candidates and measures will be available on 3/16/2018.
- List of current Candidate Filings for Multnomah County and Metro - filing period 9/7/2017 - 3/6/2018.
- Positions scheduled to be on the ballot that file with Multnomah County Elections
- Multnomah County: Chair, Commissioner District 2, Multnomah Co. Auditor and Sheriff
- Metro: President, Councilor District 1, Councilor District 2, Councilor District 4 and Metro Auditor
- Filing Forms for Multnomah Co. and Metro candidates
- Other Candidate Positions on the ballot in the May 2018 Primary
- City of Portland candidates file with City of Portland.
- Current list of candidate filings with City of Portland.
- Open offices that file with the Oregon Secretary of State's office (PDF) - State and federal candidates file with Oregon Secretary of State's office.
- Current list of candidate filings with Oregon Secretary of State's office.
- City of Portland candidates file with City of Portland.
- Measure Information for the May 2018 Primary
No ballot measures have been filed with Multnomah Co Elections for the May 2018 Primary. County and Special districts have until 2/23/2018 to file ballot title with Multnomah Co. Elections. Cities have until 3/15/2018 to file completed ballot title and explanatory statement with Multnomah Co. Elections.
- Important dates for the May 2018 Primary
- Sept. 7, 2017 - 1st day candidates can file for May 2018 Primary
- Feb. 23, 2018 - Last day for County or Special District to file Ballot Title with County Elections for notice.
- March 6, 2018 - Last day candidates can file for Multnomah Co & Metro positions (candidate filing deadline).
- March 8, 2018 - Voters' Pamphlet deadline for Multnomah Co & Metro candidates.
- March 15, 2018 - Deadline for City of Portland to certify list of City of Portland candidates.
- March 15, 2018 - Deadline for jurisdictions (County, City and Special District) to file completed and noticed measure title & explanatory statement.
- March 19, 2018 - Voters' Pamphlet deadline for City of Portland candidates.
- March 19, 2018 - Measure argument filing deadline for County Voters' Pamphlet.
- May 15, 2018 - Primary Election Day
November 6, 2018 General Election
The 2018 Oregon gubernatorial General election will take place on November 6, 2018. Nominees from the 2018 Primary Election and minor party nominees will appear on the ballot along with some judicial offices. City offices and other special districts candidate positions will also appear on the ballot. State and local ballot measures will be on the ballot as well. A final list of candidates and measures will be available on 9/7/2018.
- Important dates for the November 2018 General Election
- July 19, 2018 - First date for PUD candidates to file for office.
- Aug 17, 2018 - Last day for County or Special District to file Ballot Title with County Elections for notice.
- Aug 28, 2018 - Last day PUD candidates to file (candidate filing deadline).
- Aug 30, 2018 - Voters' Pamphlet deadline for PUD candidates and runoff Multnomah Co and Metro candidates.
- Sept 6, 2018 - Deadline for cities and Dept of Agriculture (SWCD positions) to certify list of candidates.
- Sept 6, 2018 - Deadline for jurisdictions (County, City and Special District) to file completed and noticed measure title & explanatory statement.
- Sept 10, 2018 - Voters' Pamphlet deadline for city and SWCD candidates.
- Sept 10, 2018 - Measure argument filing deadline for County Voters' Pamphlet.
- Nov. 6, 2018 - General Election Day
The 2019 Election cycle has one regularly scheduled May 2019 Special election for special district board positions and local measures. Other election dates may occur with local measures or special candidate races.