Current and Upcoming Elections
There are four scheduled election dates each year in Oregon: the 2nd Tuesday in March; the 3rd Tuesday in May; the 3rd Tuesday in September; and the 1st Tuesday after the first Monday in November. The Oregon Legislature can choose a different special election date. A recall election date occurs based on when the recall petition was filed.The 2019 Election cycle has one regularly scheduled May 2019 Special election for special district board positions and local measures. Other election dates may occur with local measures or special candidate races.
May 21, 2019 Special District Election
- Candidate Filing Requirements and forms
- Candidate Filing form (SEL 190)
- Voters' Pamphlet form for candidates
- Endorsement form for Voters' Pamphlet
- District maps
- - As notices are returned by each district they will be added to this list. A notice of election with all positions will be published no later then Feb. 9, 2019. Candidates can file in our office beginning Monday, Feb. 11, 2019.
- Measure Filing Forms and information
- No ballot measures have been filed for the May 2019 Special Election.
- Important dates for the May 2019 Special District Election
- Feb 9, 2019 - Deadline for County Elections to publish notice of district board election
- Feb 11, 2019 - First date candidates can file for May Special District Election
- March 2, 2019 - Deadline to file notice of ballot title with County Elections for publication
- March 21, 2019 - Candidate filing deadline for Special District candidates
- March 21, 2019 - Measure filing deadline (completed and noticed).
- March 25, 2019 - Voters' Pamphlet deadline for candidates and measure arguments
- April 5, 2019 - Military/overseas ballots mailed
- April 30, 2019 - Voter Registration deadline
- May 1, 2019 - Ballots mailed to voters
- May 21, 2019 - Special District Election - ballots due by 8:00 p.m.
2020 Election Dates
- May 18, 2020 Primary
- November 3, 2020 General