OCCUPATION: Realtor/Remax Equity Group/Gresham
OCCUPATIONAL BACKGROUND: 1989-Present Realtor; 1981-1989 Stock Brokerage (Exec. Asst., Broker); 1975-1981 Realtor
EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND: Portland State U. Jr Gen. Studies; Willamette U. Freshman Gen Studies
PRIOR GOVERNMENTAL EXPERIENCE: 1992-1996 Chair of the City of Gresham Community Housing and Development Committee; 1992-2000 & 2003-2006 Board Commissioner of the Housing Authority of Portland (representing the City of Gresham); 1993-1998 Member of the City of Gresham Budget and Finance Committee; 1995-1996 Represented the City of Gresham on the Metro 2040 Means Business Committee; 1999-2006 Member of the Centennial School District Budget Committee; 2005-2006 Member of the Centennial High School Success Committee
Shar Giard agrees with the Centennial School District's mission statement-“ All students learn, succeed and care about themselves, others and the world. ” (District Mission Statement/adopted 4/26/06)
Now, more than ever, the education of our children is important to the future of this country and the world. We are shaping the parents, the leaders, the business people, the scientists, the inventors and the entrepreneurs of tomorrow. What we offer, how we nurture, what we expect are all important elements of our children's success.
- I believe that we need to create an environment where students are challenged to achieve excellence.
- I believe we must provide a safe environment in which our children can learn.
- I believe that we should encourage the involvement of families in the education of their children.
- I believe that we need to provide support to our teachers, our staff and to our students to ensure their success.
- I believe that we need to be good stewards of our funds, to maintain our current financial stability.
Centennial School District provides outstanding education opportunities to our children. I intend to be an active member of the Board, participating in the decisions that will improve our excellence.
(This information furnished by Sharlene M. Giard)
The above information has not been verified for accuracy by Multnomah County.