KRIS G. HOWATT
OCCUPATION: Gresham-Barlow School Board - Chair; Oregon School Boards Association - President-elect; Homemaker
OCCUPATIONAL BACKGROUND: Computer Specialist; Contract Administrator; Computer Support; Meter Reader; Utility Workman; Word Processor; Inventory Auditor; Wife/Mother.
EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND: Sam Barlow HS - graduate; Mt. Hood CC (current); Leadership Oregon, Graduate; Numerous specialized leadership / professional development trainings; NSBA Distinguished Leadership Award
PRIOR GOVERNMENTAL EXPERIENCE: Gresham-Barlow School Board 2000-present; Oregon School Boards Association 2005-present (Secretary/Treasurer; Finance Committee); Federal Relations Network; North Gresham Site Council / Parent Teacher Club; City of Portland Bureau Advisory Committee – Purchasing
GBEF Fundraising (scrip); Gresham HS Spirit Club; East Metro TAG Network; Eastgate Bible Chapel; 40+ years in Gresham
A strong local economy includes strong schools. My priorities include:
- Aligning and allocating resources responsibly and strategically for all students.
- Advocating for long-term funding stability to provide maximum value for taxpayer dollars.
- Overseeing a multi-million dollar budget, using effective policies and governance procedures.
- Supporting energy-efficient upgrades to our buildings, resulting in real dollars for our classrooms.
Maintaining Strong Partnerships:
- Promoting tolerance, diversity, rigor, and consensus-based decision making.
- Partnering with business and industry to prepare students for college and careers.
- Maintaining a variety of educational opportunities for all students.
- Ensuring the District meets the needs of our entire community.
"Kris has invested the time it takes to become a quality advocate for all the children in Oregon."
Annette Mattson, Board Member David Douglas SD
“For over a decade Kris has successfully demonstrated skills as an effective, proven leader, and is respected locally, regionally and statewide.”
Theresa Delaney Davis
“Access to Public Education is what makes our country special; access to a High Quality Education is what will make Oregon exceptional. Your vote will allow me to continue working hard to ensure a robust future for all our students.”
Quality, Proven Leadership for Today and Tomorrow
Senator Laurie Monnes Anderson
(This information furnished by Kris Howatt)
The above information has not been verified for accuracy by Multnomah County.