OCCUPATION: Chief Executive Officer, USA-JUNK,LLC.
OCCUPATIONAL BACKGROUND: USA-JUNK, LLC 1997-2011; B and H Metals 1997-2000; United States Forest Service 1996-1997.
EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND: Benson Polytechnic High School, Diploma; Portland State University Business Administration studies.
PRIOR GOVERNMENTAL EXPERIENCE: Long Term Care Ombudsman.
Gary Hollands For Director, Multnomah Education Service District
Standing Up For All Portland Kids
Husband, Son, and Father of four children in the Portland Public Schools. Local business owner, organically born and raised in Portland for 34 years.
REASON FOR RUNNING:
Our public school system is one of our nation's highest priorities. I see up close and personal the needs facing our children, from large class sizes to not enough text books to send home for homework. The lack of resources our teachers have at their disposal and high drop-out rates are issues that are disturbing to me as a parent. As a parent, it is important for me to enhance the lives of our children and youth through enhancing the educational system.
I want to be part of the solution. I ask for your vote.
- Provide fiscal oversight and accountability.
- Support our teachers in their quest to educate our children.
- Establish joint partnerships with business and industry to provide training for future employees, especially during school breaks.
- Reduce the chances of students' dropping out of high school by identifying student supportive services that include the family and cultural voices of students and their families.
- Make common sense decisions that positively impact the children and young adult school experience.
Portland Association of Teachers/TVIP
(This information furnished by Gary Hollands)
The above information has not been verified for accuracy by Multnomah County.