OCCUPATION: Teacher, retired June, 2010
OCCUPATIONAL BACKGROUND: St. Therese Elementary School – full time teacher; The Madeline School – full time teacher, school librarian; Portland Public Schools – substitute teacher; Homemaker and mother
EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND: Portland State University BS, Education; Mt. Hood Community College, Education; Eastern Oregon College, Social Science; Blue Mountain Community College, Social Science
PRIOR GOVERNMENTAL EXPERIENCE: Precinct Committee Person; House District Captain
COMMUNITY AND PROFESSIONAL INVOLVEMENT:
- National Education Association
- Oregon Education Association
- Heritage Foundation
- FORUM: The Future of Public Higher Education in Oregon
- Chamber of Commerce Networking
MAGGIE NELSON has lived in
East Multnomah County for over thirty years
MAGGIE NELSON WILL WORK TO:
- Provide responsible stewardship and accountability in all matters of funding.
- Support the administration, faculty, and staff as they provide comprehensive college services to the community.
- Establish a bridge connecting local businesses with the college to customize training for today and future employment opportunities.
- Promote open communication with colleges and universities for smooth transitions to four year institutions.
All of the above work together to benefit students
and insure wise use of Oregon Tax Dollars.
We are paying .4666 per $1,000.00 of tax assessed value
on real property to support our community college. With your
support we will achieve maximum value for our tax dollar.
I AM MOTIVATED TO BE YOUR VOICE on the Board of Education at Mt. Hood Community College because I care about education and our community. With responsible fiscal oversight I will keep an eye on tuition to contain costs, giving more people an opportunity to get an education.
AS YOUR VOICE ON THE BOARD OF EDUCATION
I would like to hear from you.
LEADERSHIP WITH INTEGRITY
VOTE FOR MAGGIE NELSON
Matthew Wand, State Representative
Rev. Roger Fernando, Pastor/Administrator
Kathy Cordes, Principal
Yvonne Silva, Principal/Teacher
Bill Stafford, Stafford Design
(This information furnished by Maggie Nelson)
The above information has not been verified for accuracy by Multnomah County.