OCCUPATION: Communication and Projects Manager for Multnomah County District 2 Commissioner Jeff Cogen
OCCUPATIONAL BACKGROUND: Project Manager, American Heart Association; Development Director, NARAL Pro-Choice Oregon; Development Associate, Basic Rights Oregon
EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND: B.A., University of New Mexico
PRIOR GOVERNMENTAL EXPERIENCE: None
COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT: Hands on Portland; Q Center; Basic Rights Oregon Equality PAC
Karol Collymore: Experience Putting Values into Action.
Karol Collymore has hands-on experience getting things done for North and Northeast Portland. As staff to County Commissioner Jeff Cogen, Karol took the lead on initiatives to build a healthier, more sustainable community. She:
- Started a cell phone recycling program;
- Laid the groundwork for a long-awaited new library in the Kenton neighborhood;
- Helped to start a farmer's market in St. Johns; and
- Guided the effort to pass a local ordinance to require fast food restaurants to post calories on their menus.
Karol Collymore: Progressive Values. Fresh Ideas.
Whether it's raising money for nonprofit organizations or volunteering her time to create a more just community, Karol lives her values in everything she does. Her values shape her priorities. She will fight to:
- Protect funding for essential services for the county's most vulnerable, especially in these tough times;
- Improve access to health care and safe housing to reduce health disparities; and
- Revitalize the economy and create living wage jobs by partnering with business to capitalize on the county's reputation as a leader in sustainability.
Karol Collymore: A New Voice at the Table.
Karol Collymore has gained the respect of individuals and organizations we trust:
County Commissioner Jeff Cogen
State Representative Tina Kotek
State Representative Mary Nolan
State Representative Brent Barton
City Commissioner Dan Saltzman
Oregon League of Conservation Voters
Green light, NARAL Pro-Choice Oregon Choice Action Team
Nancy Becker, Irvington
Shaun Sullens, Piedmont
(This information furnished by Friends of Karol Collymore)
The above information has not been verified for accuracy by Multnomah County.