OCCUPATION: Assistant Branch Manager, Rivermark Community Credit Union (2005 - present)
OCCUPATIONAL BACKGROUND: Operations Supervisor, Washington Mutual Bank; Retail Store Manager
EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND: University of Wisconsin at Milwaukee - 2 years General Studies
PRIOR GOVERNMENTAL EXPERIENCE: Treasurer - Citizens for Centennial Schools (2007 - present); Centennial School District Budget Committee (2008 - present)
As a proud parent of a Centennial student, I support Centennial School District's current mission statement - All students achieve high academic standards, graduate from high school, and become caring, contributing members of society.
As a community member, I believe giving back to the community in which we live is an essential responsibility we all share. Since moving to the district eight years ago I have volunteered within the Centennial School District, as well as at several local non-profit organizations. I believe the youth of today are the future leaders, entrepreneurs and volunteers of our community tomorrow. My community involvement includes:
- Treasurer for Citizens for Centennial Schools (2007- present)
- Centennial School District Budget Committee (2008 – present)
- Portland Parks and Recreation Advisory Committee for the development of Parklane Park in SE Portland (2008)
- Co-Treasurer of Harold Oliver Parents and Educators (2005/2006 School Year)
- Rivermark Community Credit Union's Community Affairs Committee (2005 – Present; 2009 Chair)
- Golden Note Award for Volunteerism recipient (2009)
As a School Board member I will bring with me a commitment to ensure continued excellence in the Centennial School District by:
- Being an active participant in decisions
- Making fiscally responsible decisions
- Encouraging community involvement of students and their families
- Creating an environment where all students can achieve academic excellence and graduate from high school
I appreciate your consideration and your vote.
(This information furnished by Kelly Morency)
The above information has not been verified for accuracy by Multnomah County.