The November 6, 2007 Special Election is here, and there are a few things you should know:
- This Voters’ Pamphlet contains measure information for the City of Portland, City of Lake Oswego and Clackamas Fire District #1. Some of the information will not be on your ballot because the pamphlet was designed for a large geographic area. Your official ballot will contain the issues which apply to your residence. Official Drop Site locations are listed on the last page of this Voters’ Pamphlet.
- The Secretary of State produced and mailed a State Voters’ Pamphlet with information on State Measures 49 and 50. That Voters’ Pamphlet was mailed October 10-12. For additional copies of the State Voters’ Pamphlet please check with your local post office.
- The Multnomah County Voters’ Pamphlet is on our website: www.mcelections.org and the State Voters’ Pamphlet is on the Oregon Secretary of State’s website: www.sos.state.or.us/elections.
- If a ballot was delivered to your residence for someone who should no longer be receiving a ballot at your address, please write “RETURN” on the envelope and place it back in your mailbox. If a ballot was sent to someone who is deceased, please write “DECEASED” on the envelope and place it back in your mailbox.
- If you make a mistake or change your mind while marking your ballot, you may request a replacement ballot from the Elections Office. If there is not enough time before the election to receive AND return a replacement ballot, you may make your changes on the ballot but it is critical that you make your choice obvious because election workers will inspect each ballot to make sure voter intent is understood and the ballot is counted correctly.
- If you lose your ballot, accidentally destroy it, or did not receive a ballot and you are a registered voter, please let us know immediately so we may issue a replacement ballot in time for you to vote.
- Telephone assistance for the hearing impaired to call our office is 1-800-735-2900 (TTY).
- At 8:00 PM on election night we will have election results posted on our website and we will update that site throughout the evening.
- Voted ballots MUST be received at our office or official drop site location by 8:00 PM, Tuesday, November 6, 2007 to be counted.
- If you have any questions you may contact our office at: 503-988-3720 or fax 503-988-3719.
John Kauffman, Director of Elections
Multnomah County, Oregon
PLEASE NOTE: Multnomah County Elections prints information as submitted. We do not correct spelling, punctuation, grammar, syntax, errors or inaccurate information.
Clackamas Fire District #1