Protecting the Integrity of Elections
Oregon has a proud tradition of open, accessible and fair elections. Voter fraud is rare but taken seriously. If you believe someone has violated Oregon elections law, contact the State Elections Division. Every complaint will be investigated, and violations will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.
Oregon supports unparalleled transparency. Observers play an important role in the elections process and provide an objective review of the vote counting process. The public is welcome to observe. For more information about election observation, please contact us. Please note that documents below are PDF.
- Observer Agreement Observer Agreement (24.63 KB)
- Rules of Conduct Rules of Conduct (17.52 KB)
- Multnomah County Election Observer Procedures Observer Procedures (17 KB)
Learn more about observing elections in Multnomah County:
Most of the processes below occur during a 20-day window before Election day as ballots are returned and for about a week after Election day.
- Public Test - Logic & accuracy test of mail ballot scanning and tabulation equipment.
- Signature verification
- Ballot opening
- Ballot enhancement
- Ballot scanning
- Ballot resolution and duplication
- Processing of Ballots Flowchart Processing of Ballots Flowchart (177.84 KB)
- Blue Room Blue Room (15.75 KB)
- Purple Room Purple Room Description (11.86 KB)
- Mocha Room Mocha Room (10.83 KB)
- Green Room Green Room (12.26 KB)
- Basement Basement (13.53 KB)
- Red Room Red Room (14.98 KB)
- Conference Room Conference Room (14.2 KB)