Register to vote or update your registration.
Oregon's voter registration deadline for new Oregon residents is 21-days before Election Day. Updates can be made through Election day. More registration information is listed below.
Am I Registered to Vote?
- Check or update your voter registration
Please note, if you are 17 years old, you will not be able to check the status of your registration online. Please call 503-988-3720 to confirm that you are registered.
- Register to vote online using the Oregon Secretary of State's My Vote if you are at least 17 years old, a resident of Oregon and a citizen of the United States. An Oregon driver's license or state ID card issued by the Oregon Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) is required.
- If you do not have an Oregon Drivers License, then register here:
- If you are a military or overseas voter please register or update here. - If you are in the Military or living out of the county, it is very important you are registered as a UOCAVA voter. UOCAVA ballots are mailed 45 days before an election; local ballots are mailed 20 days before an election.
Update your registration:
- If you are already registered in Oregon and only changing your residence or mailing address in or into Multnomah County, update your Multnomah County address here.
- For other registration changes such as:
- Are you going to be away from your residence address during the election and need your ballot mailed to an absentee address? If so, please fill out an absentee ballot request form here and mail or fax that signed form to us.
- If you are a military or overseas voter, please use the FVAP registration form or update online at update online at My Vote.
Cancel my registration:
- To cancel your Oregon voter registration in Multnomah County, please email, mail or fax us a signed Cancellation Form (61.06 KB). Please note, cancelled registration records are public records under Oregon's public records laws.
- If you have moved out-of-state and are registering in your new state it is helpful if you list your previous Oregon registration information. The new state will then notify us. You can also send us a signed by email, fax or by mail.
- If you wish to report a deceased person who was registered in Multnomah County, please send a copy of the death certificate to Multnomah County elections by mail, fax or by e-mail as a scanned document.
Other Registration Information
- Frequently Asked Questions about Voter Notification Cards
- New Motor Voter Act FAQ - Information from the Oregon Secretary of State's office on the new motor voter act.
- Signature Stamp Attestation Form SEL 540 - Form required for voter to use a signature stamp or other indicator of the voter’s signature on any election document.
- Application to Exempt Residence Address from Disclosure as a Public Record SEL 550
- Voting Rights Information and FAQ's on Felon's Voting Rights in Oregon.
- To check the status of your registration, please visit My Vote.
- Link to Frequently Asked Questions
- Voter Registration Data in Multnomah County