Register to vote or update your registration.
Oregon's voter registration deadline for new Oregon residents is 21-days before Election Day. Updates can be made through Election day. More registration information is listed below.
- Am I Registered to Vote?
- Register to vote
- Update your registration
- Absentee Registration
- Cancel my registration
- Other Registration Information
- Check or update your voter registration
Please note, if you are under 18 years old or a confidential voter, you will not be able to check the status of your registration online. If you recently registered, your information may not show online yet. To verify your registration status, please call 503-988-VOTE (8683).
- Register to vote online using the Oregon Secretary of State's My Vote if you are at least 16 years old, a resident of Oregon and a citizen of the United States. An Oregon driver's license or state ID card issued by the Oregon Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) is required.
- If you do not have an Oregon Drivers License please fill out a paper registration form in the link below, print the voter registration form out, sign the form and return the form by MAIL or DELIVER IN PERSON. If you do not have a printer please call Multnomah County Elections at 503-988-VOTE. You can also get a paper registration form at your local U.S. Post Office. Please do not email your original paper registration card. The original paper registration is a requirement under Oregon law.
- If you are a military or overseas voter please register or update here. - If you are in the Military or living out of the county, it is very important you are registered as a UOCAVA voter. UOCAVA ballots are mailed 45 days before an election; local ballots are mailed 20 days before an election.
- If you are already registered in Oregon and only changing your residence or mailing address (local or overseas), update your address here.
- For other registration changes such as:
Absentee ballots are available 45 days before the election. You must complete the Absentee Ballot Request Application (listed below), print it and sign it. You can return the completed and signed application to us by mail, fax, e-mail (as an attachment) or deliver it in person.
Address: Multnomah County Duniway-Lovejoy Elections Building,
1040 SE Morrison St., Portland, OR 97214
Phone: 503-988-3720 | Fax: 503-988-3719 | Email: email@example.com
I will be away from my home on election day,
- But still within the United States
a. Absentee Ballot Request Application
b. or if you have an Oregon Drivers license you can update online at My Vote.
- Because I am a military or overseas voter
a. Federal Post Card Application (FPCA)
b. or, if you have an Oregon Drivers license you can update online at My Vote.
c. For more information on accessing your ballot online
**Please note, the online system will not work in the following countries
Please contact Multnomah County Election for assistance at firstname.lastname@example.org. Your voted ballot must be received by Multnomah County Elections or a designated drop site by 8 p.m. on Election Day. Postmarks do not count!
- To cancel your Oregon voter registration in Multnomah County, please email, mail or fax us a signed Cancellation Form (61.06 KB). Please note, cancelled registration records are public records under Oregon's public records laws.
- If you have moved out-of-state and are registering in your new state it is helpful if you list your previous Oregon registration information. The new state will then notify us. You can also send us a signed by email, fax or by mail.
- If you wish to report a deceased person who was registered in Multnomah County, please send a copy of the death certificate to Multnomah County elections by mail, fax or by e-mail as a scanned document.
- Frequently Asked Questions about Voter Notification Cards
- Motor Voter Act FAQ - Information from the Oregon Secretary of State's office on the new motor voter act.
- Signature Stamp Attestation Form SEL 540 - Form required for voter to use a signature stamp or other indicator of the voter’s signature on any election document.
- Application to Exempt Residence Address from Disclosure as a Public Record SEL 550 - Please mail the SEL 550 form along with a registration form to Multnomah County Elections.
- Voting Rights Information and FAQ's on Felon's Voting Rights in Oregon.
- Information for Voters Experiencing Housing Instability or Homelessness
- To check the status of your registration, please visit My Vote.
- Link to Frequently Asked Questions
- Voter Registration Data in Multnomah County