Getting Help for Your Child
All children experience difficulties as part of normal development. But if your child has needs that put them at risk for losing their home, school placement or connection to the community, your family may decide it needs extra help.
Multnomah County Wraparound helps families who are on the Oregon Health Plan and enrolled in Health Share work through complex challenges related to emotional, behavioral, medical or substance use needs.
We work with youth from early childhood to age 17 who are receiving mental health treatment and who are involved with two of the following systems:
- Department of Human Services
- Special education
- Developmental disability
- Child welfare
- Juvenile justice
How It Works
Wraparound is a collaborative process that brings together children, family members, friends, service providers and community members to create an individualized plan for addressing your child’s needs. You will be asked to help develop a team that meets at least once a month to check in on what’s working and discuss new strategies.
Our team-based model is family driven and youth-guided. It works by building on family strengths, collaborating with community resources and incorporating shared decision-making. Each approach is individualized and culturally responsive.
The underlying idea is simple: human beings are happier, more productive, and more likely to make positive changes when those in positions of authority do things with them, rather than to or for them.
Who Is Eligible
Your child may be eligible if they are:
- A Multnomah County resident and enrolled in Health Share/Multnomah Mental Health
- 17 years old or younger
- Receiving mental health treatment from a provider*
- Receiving services from at least 2 other child serving systems
- At risk for needing a higher level of mental health care than outpatient services
- At risk of losing their current living or school arrangement
*Children 5 and under do not have to be receiving mental health treatment, and may be eligible if:
- Parents are experiencing poverty, substance use or mental health issues
- Parents’ relationship is unstable
- At risk of losing child care placement
- At risk for more serious emotional and behavioral challenges
How to Enroll
To enroll or refer a youth to Wraparound, email or fax us a completed
To request an increase in mental health service levels (to home-based stabilization, day treatment or psychiatric residential treatment) in addition to Wraparound enrollment, include with your packet a mental health assessment completed within the last 60 days.
For assistance, call our referral coordinators at 503-988-4161.
209 SW 4th Ave, Suite 250
Portland, Oregon 97204
Danielle Jediny-Racies, Wraparound Supervisor