Q: When do my Transit TRP funds become available on my Benny card?

A: The amount you contribute each pay period will be sent to PacificSource Administrators as soon as payroll processing is completed.  Due to varying processing times, it could be several days after the pay date before funds are loaded onto your Benny Card

Q: Can I send in claims for reimbursement for my Transit expenses or do I have to use the Benny card?

A: You must always use the Benny Card when making eligible Transit purchases.  Manual claims via fax/mail/email/online are not allowed. This restriction only applies to the Transit TRP.

Q: How do I know when funds are available on my Benny card?

A: Visit www.mybenny.com to log in to your Benny card account and view your current account balance. Be sure to check your TRP Transit account funds prior to making purchases. Depending on where you are making your transit purchase, partial payment options may be available. Knowing your current Benny card balance will assist you in making correct partial payment determinations, and also avoid your card being declined due to lack of funds.

Q: Can I purchase my transit passes at retail locations (such as Fred Meyers, etc)?

A: The Benny card is not currently accepted at retail locations, therefore the transaction would be declined.  

Q: What happens if I don't re-enroll during open enrollment? 

A: If you have any funds remaining in the account at the end of the year, those funds will roll over into the new plan year. You will be able to use your Benny card for eligible expenses that you incur in the new year (as long as you're still employed at Multnomah County). BUT you must re-enroll during the annual open enrollment if you want to continue actively participating (having deductions come out of your paychecks) in the TRP account for the next plan year. 

Q: When are my rollover funds available? 

A: Remaining Transit funds will be automatically funded to your Benny card on January 1st of the new plan year. 

Q: What if I want to cancel my enrollment?

A: You can make changes to your account at any time during the year (up to 1x per month). This includes enrolling, changing (such as increasing or decreasing your goal amount), and cancelling your account. There will also be a formal open enrollment in the fall.  

Q: Do my Transit TRP funds expire?

A: Your funds do not expire unless you leave employment with Multnomah County. The funds in your Transit TRP will continue to roll over month to month, year to year, as long as you’re still an employee.

Q: What happens to my Transit TRP funds if I leave employment with Multnomah County?

A: The Transit TRP is available only for travel to/from work with the County.  You will be purchasing your transit in advance using your Benny card.  When your employment ends, you will lose access to your Transit TRP and any remaining funds after the official date of your termination will be forfeited.

Q: Why is the Transit TRP maximum contribution amount less than the Parking TRP maximum?

A: The Transit TRP monthly maximum contribution is $77.50 per pay period. Multnomah County Employees receive a free Universal TriMet Pass, and the fair market value of the pass must be counted against the IRS allowable Transit maximum.

Q: What expenses are eligible for Transit TRP?

A: TRP Eligible Commuter Expenses List

Q: I have already purchased a yearly Transit pass (C-Tran, etc).  Can I enroll in the Transit TRP and be reimbursed for the remaining months of the calendar year?

A:  Expenses are not eligible if incurred prior to the start date of your Transit TRP enrollment.

Q:  I lost my Trimet Pass and have paid the Benefits Office for the remaining months of the year to receive a replacement Trimet Pass.  Can I be reimbursed for those expenses?

A: Since there is no way for you to use the required Benny Card at the time you purchase the prorated replacement pass, that expense would not be eligible for reimbursement under the Transit TRP.

For more information, email employee.benefits@multco.us or call 503-988-3477.

PacificSource Administrators
Customer Service:  Toll Free 800-422-7038  --  http://psa.pacificsource.com/PSA/