Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs) allow you to set aside funds pre-tax to pay for qualifying medical expenses (MERP), child/elder care (DCAP), or transit/parking expenses (TRP). Setting aside these funds lowers your taxable income.
A MERP account acts as a medical savings account - giving you your full funds at the beginning of the year for you to use with a Mastercard or apply for reimbursement directly to your bank account.
How to Enroll
You must enroll every year to participate in a Flexible Spending Account. You have from Wednesday October 10th to Wednesday October 31st to enroll for 2019.
- Log in to PacificSource site and follow the instructions to enroll in a 2019 FSA.
- If you need help, try the Forgot Your Password? link, or call PacificSource Customer Service: (800) 422-7038.
Never been enrolled?
- Log in to PacificSource new member page.
- Use Group Pass Code: MC2019FSA
- Save the username and password that you create during this process. This will be your FSA login.
- If you need help, call PacificSource Customer Service: (800) 422-7038.
Changes for 2019
- New MERP Maximum of $2,650 for medical, dental, and vision expenses.
- TRP Transit maximum increasing to $160 per month.
- TRP Parking maximum increasing to $260 per month.
- You can enroll in MERP this year for an amount between $240 and $2,650.
- Up to $500 of unused funds will rollover to the next plan year.
- Any other funds are forfeited.
- Rollover funds are available after April 1st, unless you contact PacificSource and ask to access earlier.