Frequently Asked Questions about my Voter Notification Card
What is the Voter Notification Card that I just received?
The Voter Notification Card provides you with some of your elected districts that you'll be voting on in future elections. It also shows your name and residence or mailing address information. The card also shows your precinct number, which is only used for administrative purposes.
My name is misspelled on the Voter Notification Card. What do I do?
If your name is misspelled, please call Multnomah County Elections at 503-988-3720.
Is the Voter Notification Card needed to vote?
No. Your ballot will be mailed to you at the address listed on the Voter Notification Card. You do not need to keep the card and can recycle it, or you can keep it for your records.
If you need to make any updates to your voter registration you can do so by one of two ways:
- By going to www.oregonvotes.gov and using your Oregon DMV ID to register or make changes.
- By paper registration form. Paper voter registration forms can be found at our office, any local library, or post office.
**Updates cannot be made over the phone.
**Please remember that ballots are not forwardable, so we need your current address to mail a ballot to you.
How do I change my party affiliation?
You can change your party in one of two ways:
- If you have an Oregon DMV number, go to www.oregonvotes.gov
- Filling out a new paper registration form. These can be picked up at any local library, post office, elections office, or printed from http://sos.oregon.gov/elections/Documents/SEL500.pdf.
*The deadline for any party changes for the May 2016 Primary is April 26, 2016.
**All paper registration party changes must be received at our office (Multnomah County Elections Division) by 5:00 PM or postmarked by April 26, 2016.
***All online party updates must be received by 11:59 PM on April 26, 2016
Do I have to re-register for each election?
No. You only need to update your registration when your residence or mailing address changes; your name changes; or you wish to change your party.
How do I cancel my voter registration?
- To cancel your Oregon registration in Multnomah County, please e-mail signed cancellation form, mail or fax a signed cancellation Form(84.5 KB).
- If you have moved out-of-state and are registering in your new state it is helpful if you list your previous Oregon registration information. The new state will then notify us. You can also send us a signed cancellation Form (61.06 KB) by email, fax or by mail.
If you moved to another county in Oregon all you need to do is register in that new county. Multnomah County will be notified of your move when you register You do not need to cancel your registration when you move to another county in Oregon, but you need to make sure you register at your new address.
For more Frequently Asked Questions visit Elections Frequently Asked Questions.