Open Enrollment has ended.
Was from: Wednesday October 28th
To: Wednesday November 18th
Open Enrollment is the time to make benefit changes for next year and enroll in Flexible Spending Accounts.
Verify your benefits for next year. See anything wrong? Let the Benefits Office know ASAP!
What can I do during Open Enrollment?
- Change your medical/dental plan.
- Opting out of County medical insurance? An Opt-Out Affidavit is required.
- Review your dependents:
- Enroll in a tax-saving 2021 flexible spending account:
- Medical (MERP)
- Dependent care (DCAP)
- Parking/transit (TRP).
- Enroll or increase your supplemental life insurance.
The costs of all medical plans are increasing by at least 7.7% starting 1/1/21.
See detailed cost increases by selecting your union page below (or in side menu).
County benefits are bargained by your union. There are several unions whose medical and dental plans are changing effective 1/1/2021.
- Need help finding your union? Ask your Manager, HR, or email@example.com.
Benefits Changes for 2021
- The cost of Kaiser medical plans are going up by +7.7%.
- No cost change to Kaiser dental plans
- Physicians and JCSS members: your Kaiser medical plan is changing to Kaiser 10/20.
- And Kaiser Dental plan is changing to Kaiser Dental 15.
- Other groups have minor medical/dental plan changes.
- The cost of Moda medical plans are going up to +8.5%.
- Cost of Delta Dental plans going up 4.7%.
- Physicians and JCSS members: your Moda medical plan is changing to Moda PPO 400.
- And Delta Dental plan is changing to Delta Dental 50.
- Other groups have minor medical/plan changes.
Life and Disability Insurance
Optional Short Term Disability costs are going up by +29%.
Special enrollment to increase your Supplemental life insurance for up to $30,000 more than what you are enrolled in now, up to $200,000 total for yourself guaranteed (no medical questionnaire required)
- Medical Expense FSA (MERP) maximum increasing to $2,750 per year.
- New MERP rollover amount of $550 (began in 2020).
- TRP Transit maximum increasing to $170 per month.
- TRP Parking maximum increasing to $270 per month.