- Location: NW Cornelius Pass Road, between US 30 and NW Kaiser Road (see location map)
- Schedule: Construction is scheduled from July 8 to October 7, 2019.
- Total Cost: $5.65 million (includes design, right of way acquisition, and construction)
- Funding Source: ODOT’s Statewide Transportation Improvement Program will provide about 90% of the funds, with the rest coming from the county.
This five-mile stretch of NW Cornelius Pass Road has seen a high rate of crashes in recent years, including fatal crashes and truck spills. Increased traffic, high speeds and the rugged terrain all play a part in the high number of crashes.
This project will include safety improvements such as:
- curve realignment
- shoulder widening and rehabilitation
- signage and sight distance improvements
- vehicle pullouts
- guardrail upgrades
Construction is planned to start July 8, 2019, after NW Newberry Road has been repaired and reopened to serve as a detour for cars and pickup trucks during work on NW Cornelius Pass Road. Work is scheduled to be complete by October 7, 2019 (13 weeks total).
NW Cornelius Pass Road will be closed to all through traffic between Highway 30 and NW Germantown Road, from July 8 - October 7, 2019. Access for local and emergency traffic and deliveries will be permitted up to the hard road closure at 8th Ave. between NW Skyline Blvd. and Highway 30. The road will be completed closed at 8th Ave. where the road will be excavated to replace a culvert.
Please use the form below to contact our project team with questions or comments, or call Mike Pullen at 503.209.4111.
We are interested in your feedback on this project. Please fill in the form below if you have comments, questions or suggestions.