Schedule Update (October 18)
NW Cornelius Pass Road has reopened to through traffic. Construction will resume in summer 2020 at two locations between Highway 30 and NW Skyline Blvd.
Watch this page for updates or sign up below to receive updates by email.
- Location: NW Cornelius Pass Road, between US 30 and NW Old Cornelius Pass Road in Washington County (see location map)
- Schedule: Construction began in July 2019 and was completed for the season in October. Construction will resume in summer 2020.
- Total Cost: $5.65 million (includes design, right of way acquisition, and construction)
- Funding Source: ODOT’s Statewide Transportation Improvement Program will provide about 90% of the funds, with the rest coming from the county.
- Learn more about the project background.
- Learn more about the project details.
- Download our project fact sheet.
This five-mile stretch of NW Cornelius Pass Road has seen a high rate of crashes in recent years, including fatal crashes and truck spills. Increased traffic, high speeds and the rugged terrain all play a part in the high number of crashes.
This project will include safety improvements such as:
- curve realignment
- shoulder widening and rehabilitation
- signage and sight distance improvements
- vehicle pullouts
- guardrail upgrades
Construction began with a road closure to through traffic on July 22, 2019. The road reopened on October 18, 2019. Some work items will be completed in summer 2020.
Please use the form below to contact our project team with questions or comments, or call Mike Pullen at 503.209.4111.
We are interested in your feedback on this project. Please fill in the form below if you have comments, questions or suggestions.