- Location: NW Cornelius Pass Road, between US 30 and NW Old Cornelius Pass Road in Washington County (see location map). In 2020, all work is between US30 and NW Skyline Blvd.
- Schedule: Construction began on July 13 and will continue through September 2020.
- Project Budget: $5.65 million
- Funding Source: Federal, state and county funds.
This five-mile stretch of NW Cornelius Pass Road has seen a high rate of crashes in recent years, including fatal crashes and truck spills. Increased traffic, high speeds and the rugged terrain all play a part in the high number of crashes.
This project includes safety improvements such as:
- curve realignment
- shoulder widening
- signage and sight distance improvements
- vehicle pullouts
- guardrail installation
Construction began in summer 2019 and shut down that fall. Improvements will be completed in summer 2020, starting Monday, July 13 and continuing through September 2020.
Please use the form below to contact our project team with questions or comments, or call Mike Pullen at 503.209.4111.
We are interested in your feedback on this project. Please fill in the form below if you have comments, questions or suggestions.