Schedule Update (July 19)
NW Cornelius Pass Road will close to through traffic at 3 am on Monday, July 22.
Watch this page for updates or sign up below to receive updates by email.
- Location: NW Cornelius Pass Road, between US 30 and NW Old Cornelius Pass Road in Washington County (see location map)
- Schedule: Construction is scheduled from July 22 to late September 2019.
- Total Cost: $5.65 million (includes design, right of way acquisition, and construction)
- Funding Source: ODOT’s Statewide Transportation Improvement Program will provide about 90% of the funds, with the rest coming from the county.
This five-mile stretch of NW Cornelius Pass Road has seen a high rate of crashes in recent years, including fatal crashes and truck spills. Increased traffic, high speeds and the rugged terrain all play a part in the high number of crashes.
This project will include safety improvements such as:
- curve realignment
- shoulder widening and rehabilitation
- signage and sight distance improvements
- vehicle pullouts
- guardrail upgrades
Download our project fact sheet.
Construction will begin with a road closure to through traffic on July 22, 2019. The road should reopen by late September. The contractor expects to work for several weeks after the road reopens in areas that will not require a closure of a traffic lane.
NW Cornelius Pass Road will be closed to all through traffic between Highway 30 and NW Germantown Road, from July 22 to late September 2019. Access for local and emergency traffic and deliveries will be permitted up to the hard road closure at 8th Ave. between NW Skyline Blvd. and Highway 30. The road will be completely closed at 8th Ave. where the road will be excavated to replace a culvert. There is also a hard road closure in Washington County where NW Cornelius Pass Road will be closed at NW Old Cornelius Pass Road.
Please use the form below to contact our project team with questions or comments, or call Mike Pullen at 503.209.4111.
We are interested in your feedback on this project. Please fill in the form below if you have comments, questions or suggestions.