- Location: NW Cornelius Pass Road, between US 30 and NW Old Cornelius Pass Road in Washington County (see location map)
- Schedule: Construction will resume in summer 2020.
- Total Cost: $5.65 million
- Funding Source: ODOT is providing about 90% of the funds, with the rest coming from the county.
- Learn more about the project background.
- Learn more about the project details.
- Download our project fact sheet.
This five-mile stretch of NW Cornelius Pass Road has seen a high rate of crashes in recent years, including fatal crashes and truck spills. Increased traffic, high speeds and the rugged terrain all play a part in the high number of crashes.
This project includes safety improvements such as:
- curve realignment
- shoulder widening and rehabilitation
- signage and sight distance improvements
- vehicle pullouts
- guardrail upgrades
Construction began in summer and fall of 2019. Some work items will be completed in summer 2020.
Please use the form below to contact our project team with questions or comments, or call Mike Pullen at 503.209.4111.
We are interested in your feedback on this project. Please fill in the form below if you have comments, questions or suggestions.