What is a Flexible Spending Account (FSA)?
An FSA reduces your tax burden by setting aside money pre-tax for medical, dependent care, and transit/parking expenses.
The Medical Expense Reimbursement Program (MERP) can be used for qualifying medical, dental, and vision care expenses.
The Dependent Care Assistance Plan (DCAP) can be used to pay for childcare expenses such as preschool, before or after school programs, and elder daycare.
The Transportation Reimbursement Plan (TRP) can used to pay for eligible commuting expenses to/from work (two types of TRP's are available; one for parking and one for transit).
How do FSAs work?
- Begin by estimating your eligible, out-of-pocket health care, dependent care, and transit expenses for the upcoming year.
- Use your estimate to enroll in a MERP and/or DCAP account.
- The money you elect for your FSA will be automatically deducted from your paycheck on a pre-tax basis.
How do I sign up?
- Enroll using the Workday Benefits worklet.
When can I sign up?
- New employees can sign up within 31 days of employment.
- Every Open Enrollment period (in October), you can sign up for MERP/DCAP for the following plan year.
- You may also be able to change or enroll during the plan year due to certain qualifying events (new baby, marriage, some job changes).
Customer Service: Toll Free 800-422-7038 -- https://psa.pacificsource.com/Flex/
Log into your PacificSource Flex Account for additional forms including: Reimbursement requests, direct deposit setup, and form letter of medical necessity
Documents and Information