The Multnomah County Public Health Advisory Board (MC-PHAB) advises the Health Department’s Public Health Division. Work focuses on ethics in public health practice, and developing long-term approaches that address the leading causes of death and disability in Multnomah County.
Meetings are typically held every month on the fourth Thursday, from 3:30-5:30pm. Open to the public.
- April 18 - Ethics Committee
- April 26 - Full board
- May 24 - Ethics Committee
- June 28 - Public Health Approaches Committee
- July 26 - Full board
- August 23 - Ethics Committee
- September 27 - Public Health Approaches Committee
- October 25 - Full board
- November - TBD
- December - TBD
Public Health Approaches Committee
We're now accepting applications for new members. No formal public health training or experience is required.
We're interested in members who want to explore education, environmental issues, food systems, transportation and more. We encourage membership from all parts of our county, and are looking to recruit members representing many dimensions of our community, including:
- Racial and ethnic communities
- Seniors/aging population
- Faith leaders
- Business leaders
Applications will be accepted through April 27. Apply for membership»
- Members are appointed to 3-year terms beginning in July, and can serve no more than 2 successive terms.
- Members are expected to let staff know when they will be unable to attend a meeting, and to contact other members to stay informed of new decisions or information.
- Members are permitted no more than three unexcused absences per year.
Contact Nathan Wickstrom, firstname.lastname@example.org, 503.988.8712