Steps to enroll in Benefit plans:
Choose your plans.
Download and complete required form for medical/dental, and submit a life insurance beneficiary via webform.
Download and complete forms for optional additional benefits.
Email completed forms to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Step 1: Choose your medical/dental plans
Step 2: Complete the forms for medical/dental and life insurance beneficiary.
Medical and Dental Coverage
Complete the Medical/Dental Enrollment Form.pdf
If enrolling a spouse/domestic partner, you must also submit a **Marriage/DP Affidavit.pdf.
Must be submitted within 31 days of hire.
Benefits begin on the first of the month following receipt of forms.
You can Opt-Out if you have group coverage under another health plan and receive a monthly incentive.
you must still submit the enrollment form.
and an **Opt-Out Affidavit.pdf
Detailed information on medical/dental coverage (plan booklets, summaries of benefit coverages, and opt out details).
- The County provides a Basic Plan of $30,000 at no cost to you.
- You must submit a Life Insurance Beneficiary Form
- Detailed information on Life Insurance.
Health Reimbursement Arrangement - Voluntary Employees' Beneficiary Association
- HRA VEBA is an account you can use to reimburse qualifying out-of-pocket medical care costs for you, spouse, and qualified dependents.
- The County contributes to this fund at an amount equal to 1% of your salary.
- Eligibility and enrollment are automatic (enrollment forms are optional to personalize investment options).
- Visit hraveba.org for more information.
- Detailed information on HRA VEBA.
- The County provides STD insurance at no cost to you. This provides partial salary replacement due to an injury/illness after a 30 day period.
- No forms are required for this benefit.
- Detailed information on STD insurance.
Long Term Disability Insurance
- The County provides LTD insurance at no cost to you. This provides partial salary replacement due to an injury/illness after a 90 day period.
- No forms are required for this benefit.
- Detailed information on LTD insurance.
The County provides a TriMet Annual Pass to use on TriMet buses, MAX, Streetcar, Wes, Tram, and C-Tran non-express routes.
- Pick up your pass at the Benefits Office on the 3rd floor of the Multnomah Building after receiving an email confirming it is ready.
- Detailed information on the Trimet Pass Program.
Employee Assistance Program
RBH EAP is available to help county employees and their family members find solutions for everyday challenges.
Employees get 6 free counseling visits, access to a 24-7 Crisis Line: 1-866-750-1327, and help with: work-life balance, home ownership, child & elder care, identity theft recovery, financial counseling, legal and mediation services, stress & resiliency, adapting to change, and more.
Go to: myRBH.com, access code: GoMultCo, or call 1-866-750-1327
No forms are required for this benefit.
Step 3: (Optional) Select and complete forms for optional benefit plans.
An FSA reduces your tax burden and increases your take-home pay while setting aside money for eligible expenses. Multnomah County offers four types of Flexible Spending Accounts:
- MERP (Medical Expense Reimbursement Program)
- Used for covered medical, dental, and vision expenses.
- DCAP (Dependent Care Assistance Program)
- Used for dependent care expenses such as childcare, preschool, afterschool programs, or eldercare.
- TRPs (Transportation Reimbursement Plan)
- Used for eligible parking and transit commuting expenses.
- MERP and DCAP Enrollment Form.pdf - Must be submitted to the Benefits Office within 31 days of hire.
- TRP Enrollment Form.pdf - Can be submitted at any time.
- Detailed information on Flexible Spending Accounts.
Supplemental Life Insurance
- You can enroll in supplemental term life insurance above your Basic life insurance to a maximum of $500,000 for yourself and $500,000 for your spouse/domestic partner.
- You are guaranteed up to $150,000 of coverage and up to $50,000 spouse/domestic partner coverage if submitted within 31 days of hire.
- Detailed information on Supplemental Insurance.
Step 4: Email completed forms to: email@example.com
- Medical/Dental Enrollment Form.pdf
- Life Insurance Beneficiary Form