Several roads maintained by Multnomah County will be repaved in July and August in a two-phase process. The first phase will repave all traffic lanes using an innovative method that recycles a road’s existing asphalt after it is combined with new bonding material. The second phase is scheduled a few weeks later and includes a final overlay to seal the asphalt and final lane striping.
Most field work will take place on weekdays between 7 a.m. and 4 p.m. Some lane and road closures will be required, but access will be maintained for local residents and emergency vehicles.
The first phase begins the week of July 7 with the following road segments:
- NE Sandy Blvd. from cul-de-sac east of NE 238th Drive to NE 223rd Ave.
- NE 238th Drive from NE Sandy Blvd. to NE Arata Road
- SE Troutdale Road from SE Division Drive to SE 282nd Ave. (full closure)
The second phase is scheduled for late July and early August and will include:
- NE Sandy Blvd. from cul-de-sac east of NE 238th Drive to NE 223rd Ave. (asphalt overlay)
- NE 238th Drive from NE Sandy Blvd. to NE Glisan St. (asphalt overlay; full closure from Arata to Glisan only)
- SE Troutdale Road from SE Division Drive to SE 282nd Ave. (a chip seal by a county crew; full closure)
NE 238th Drive will be closed several days and nights during the paving, to expedite the work and for safety. During the closure through traffic will detour to alternative north-south routes, such as NE 223rd Avenue and NE 257th Drive, via Halsey and Glisan/Cherry Park Road. Local access will be provided to residences and emergency vehicles at all times. A detour will also be posted for the SE Troutdale Road closure.
Gallagher Asphalt Corporation and Lakeside Industries are the contractors for the project, which is funded by Multnomah County. Schedules are weather permitting and subject to change. For information, visit www.multco.us/roads or call 503-988-5050.