ARC provides a comprehensive system of services designed to prepare, equip, and sustain an offender upon their release from jail or prison. ARC conducts reach-in visits of inmates who are going to be released from state prisons back into Multnomah County. The program is responsible for linking recently released offenders to services including pre-release planning, case coordination, housing, transportation, and medical and benefit assistance. ARC provides transition planning services up to 120 days prior to release from prison or jail and 90 to 180 days post-incarceration.
ARC Transistion Services include, but are not limited to the following:
- Locate and access safe and suitable housing
- Identify and make initial appointment for medical and/or mental health needs
- Medication assistance
- First appointment for federal/state benefits and monitor progress until benefits are received
- Provide connections to Self Sufficiency Supports such as vocational rehabilitation services, Londer Learning Center and other employment programs.
- Provide clothing vouchers for work clothes
- Case coordination and Community Services connection
- Offer Family and Friends Orientations
- Mental Health and Alcohol and Drug Assessments offered on-site
Main #: 503.988.3081
Please press Zero & ask for ARC