Multnomah County is offering financial support to food establishments impacted by public health measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
Eligible restaurants, food carts and other food service businesses may receive CARES Act funding, which can be used for any operational expenses. This grant is intended to help small businesses that have been financially impacted by COVID-19, and is open to owners with 5 or fewer permits.
The application is now closed
- $500 per license for food carts ($2,500 maximum)
- $1,500 per license for restaurants and other food service licenses ($7,500 maximum)
You may use the funds for any operational expenses. This is NOT a license fee relief payment. We cannot apply these funds to your license fees. You will still be invoiced for a 2021 license.
Who Can Apply?
Anyone who has held a valid, Multnomah County-issued food service license between January 1 and September 30, 2020. Open to owners with 5 or fewer permits.
- Food carts (mobile units)
- Limited service (prepackaged only)
- Bed and breakfasts
- Benevolent organizations
How to Apply
The application is now closed.
- To complete your application, you must send us a business tax ID form (W-9) after you apply. We will send you instructions.
- You must complete a separate application (5 maximum) for each license.
If you need language assistance, call 503-988-3400 for help completing the application.