Have questions about zoning or land use in unincorporated Multnomah County? This is the place to start!

Ask A Planner
Ask us online!

Call us at 503.988.3043
Or visit us at 1600 SE 190th Ave. (map)

Public Counter Hours: Tuesday-Friday, 8am-4pm

In order to help you, we'll need to know the address of the property you're asking about, or another means of identifying it like a taxlot number or an alt account number.


  • Property address: 1600 SE 190th Ave, Portland, OR 97233
  • Taxlot number: 1S3E05CA  -00200
  • Alt account number: R855701770 (this is sometimes known as an “R number.”)

A few questions before you begin:

  • Have you looked at our zoning maps? You may be able to find your answer.
  • Is the property in an incorporated city (Fairview, Gresham, Maywood Park, Portland,Troutdale, Wood Village)? Please contact the appropriate city.
  • Do you have questions about on-site sewage disposal or septic systems? Please contact the Portland Bureau of Development Services, regardless of where you live in the county.
  • Do you have questions about building codes? Please contact the appropriate city.

If you still have questions, the form below is the best place to start. You can also call or drop in from Tuesday to Thursday.

You must have Javascript enabled to use this form.