The classes are free and open to anyone who wishes to attend and learn more about pregnancy, childbirth and caring for an infant. Classes are available in English and Spanish. There is also a class specifically for African American women (English only).
Some topics covered include:
- What happens to your body during pregnancy
- How to know when you are in labor
- Postpartum depression
- Ways dads can provide support during and after birth and labor
- How to care for your new baby
- Community resources for new parents
African American Childbirth Classes
- July 10-31, Mondays, 6-8pm
- September 5-25, Mondays (except the first class), 6-8pm
- November 6-27, Mondays, 6-8pm
To Sign Up
For classes taught in English or Spanish, call 503-988-5157. To sign up for the African American childbirth class (English only), call 503-988-3387.