Due to funding cuts in 2017, our general childbirth education classes in English and Spanish are temporarily on hold.
We still offer childbirth classes specifically for African American women»
These classes are free and open to anyone who wishes to attend and learn more about pregnancy, childbirth and caring for an infant.
Some topics covered include:
- What happens to your body during pregnancy
- How to know when you are in labor
- Postpartum depression
- Ways dads can provide support during and after birth and labor
- How to care for your new baby
- Community resources for new parents