The Office of Community Involvement is seeking community members interested in serving on one of Multnomah County's Budget Advisory Committees (CBACs). CBACs are groups of Multnomah County residents that review and make recommendations on county departmental budgets and operations. Learn more about the CBAC program.
The requirements for CBAC membership are:
- that you have an interest in the programs and budget process of the County;
- that you are available to attend meetings and participate in deliberations (most CBACs meet monthly, with more meetings during budget season).
No budgeting or financial expertise is necessary! CBAC members do not go line by line through the County budget. Meetings are focused on the bigger picture - understanding the County's programs and services, discussing challenges and opportunities that departments are considering in their budget process, and providing input on key budget decisions for the next year.
Preference will be provided to individuals who live or work in the county or have a demonstrated connection to Multnomah County.
Appointments to the CBACs are for three years, and members may serve for six consecutive years.
The following Budget Advisory Committees will be seeking new members for the upcoming budget cycle:
- Department of Community Justice
- Department of Community Services
- Departments of County Assets & County Management
- Department of County Human Services
- District Attorney
- Health Department
- Non-Departmental (includes elected officials and other small County offices)
- Sheriff's Office
How to Apply
- Complete the application online
- Or download the and mail it to: Office of Community Involvement, 501 SE Hawthorne Blvd. Suite 192, Portland, OR 97217
Applications received by Monday, September 23, 2019 at 5 p.m. will be reviewed first. Following the deadline, applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, as needed.
To talk with someone about these opportunities or receive assistance completing the application, contact the Office of Community Involvement at 503-988-3450 or firstname.lastname@example.org.