View the entire RFP Juvenile Justice Center & Inverness Jail Electronic Controls Design/Build Upgrade
The purpose of this solicitation was to complete the Juvenile Justice Center (JJC) Detention Electronics Upgrade (Phase 1) and the Multnomah County Inverness Jail (MCIJ) Detention Electronics Upgrade (Phase 2) Project. The Project replaced electronic systems that monitor door and elevator control, inmate movement, surveillance, communications and emergency alarms throughout the building.
Sustainability Questions Used (additional sustainability reference on page 8):
1. Describe your approach to integrating sustainable practices into the design, deconstruction and construction of this project including but not limited to:
- low lifecycle costs,
- energy efficiency,
- use of high performance materials,
- material and resource management,
- site work solutions, and
- low VOC paints and sealers
Please provide specific examples from past projects and any that you would carry forward to this project.
2. Describe the different types of waste materials anticipated on this project and your proposed methods for reuse, recycling and disposal that will support Multnomah County’s construction waste diversion goals as part of the Climate Action Plan (see section 2.2).
3. Please demonstrate your firm's commitment to sustainable business practices, which could include, but are not limited to a formal sustainability program and/or policies covering recycling measures; energy conservation plans; water conservation policies; or a green cleaning policy. What metrics are used to measure success? Please provide details and include copies of reports, policies or plans if available.
4. Describe the approach and activities that will be performed during all phases of the project to
achieve maximum utilization of MWESBs. Please provide specific details, processes, and
-Proposer details their approach to integrating sustainable practices into the design, deconstruction, and construction of this project.
-Proposer describes the different types of waste materials anticipated on this project and their proposed methods for re-use, recycling, and disposal that supports construction waste diversion goals as part of the Climate Action Plan.
-Proposer provides metrics, details and includes copies of reports, policies, or plans demonstrating sustainable business practices.
-Proposer provides specific details, processes, and methods for achieving maximum utilization of MWESBs during design, deconstruction and construction.