- Location: Various roads in east and west county (see below)
- Schedule: July and August 2017 (see below)
- Funding Source: Total project cost is about $600,000, using County General Roadway Funds
Our crews spread oil over a paved road and then cover the oil with a thin layer of small gravel. After one to two working days, we sweep excess gravel off the road, and in about a week, it will again have the texture of pavement.
Chip sealing extends pavement life and reduces the frequency of thicker and more expensive asphalt overlays.
West County chip sealing will include:
- Gillihan Road, from Milepost .22 to Milepost 1
East County chip sealing will include:
- Oxbow Drive, between Altman Road and Hosner Road
- Mershon Road, between Chamberlain Road and Historic Columbia River Highway
- 282nd Ave, from Division Drive to Gresham city line
- Lusted Road, from 302nd Ave to Pleasant Home Road
(An earlier version of this page also included Skyline Boulevard and Elliott Road on the west side, and Gordon Creek Road on the east side. These roads have been removed from this year's chip seals due to the fallout of extended winter operations.)
These dates are subject to change, depending on weather and other conditions.
July 17-18: Gillihan Road
July 19-20: Morgan Road
July 21: Morgan and Gillihan
July 24: Sheltered Nook Road
July 25: Gillihan, Morgan and Sheltered Nook
July 26: Oxbow Drive, Lusted Road
July 27: Mershon Road
July 28: Lusted, Mershon, Oxbow and Sheltered Nook
July 31: Oxbow Drive
August 1-2: Lusted Road
August 3: SE 282nd Avenue
August 4: Lusted, Oxbow and 282nd
August 7: SE 282nd Avenue
August 8: 282nd, Lusted, Oxbow
August 9: Mershon and 282nd
Minor amounts of dust, loose gravel, and one way traffic occur during the operation. We recommend traveling at a reduced speed until all the loose gravel has been removed from the roadway.
We are interested in your feedback on this project. Please fill in the form below if you have comments, questions or suggestions.