- Location: Various roads in east and west county (see below)
- Schedule: July and August 2018 (see below)
- Funding Source: County General Roadway Funds
Our crews spread oil over a paved road and then cover the oil with a thin layer of small gravel. After one to two working days, we sweep excess gravel off the road, and in about a week, it will again have the texture of pavement.
Chip sealing extends pavement life and reduces the frequency of thicker and more expensive asphalt overlays.
East County chip sealing will include:
- SE Division Drive, from Loop to 302nd
- SE Hurlburt Road, from HCRH to Littlepage
- SE Trout Creek Road, from Gordon Creek to dead end
West County chip sealing will include:
- NW Gillihan Road, from Milepost 2 to Reeder
- NW Elliott Road, from Rock Creek to Skyline
Work will usually begin around 7:30am. This schedule and the start time is subject to change depending on weather and other conditions.
July 16-17: SE Trout Creek Rd
July 19 and 23: SE Hurlburt Rd
July 24: SE Division Dr.
July 25: SE Trout Creek Rd
July 26: SE Hurlburt Rd and SE Division Dr
July 30 - August 2: NW Gillihan Rd
August 6: NW Elliott Rd
August 7: NW Gillihan Rd
August 8: NW Elliott Rd
Minor amounts of dust, loose gravel, and one way traffic occur during the operation. We recommend traveling at a reduced speed until all the loose gravel has been removed from the roadway.
We are interested in your feedback on this project. Please fill in the form below if you have comments, questions or suggestions.